Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Flu Jab

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Had mine at work on Tuesday just gone
My company has always provide in-house flu jabs but last year we were given vouchers. This year they said they couldn't get hold of any jabs (really hard to come by apparently) and are not providing vouchers. I will just have to phone my GP.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I have my voucher from work, and an appointment at Tesco on Wednesday morning

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Got a flu jab from the nurse at my GP today (booked online last week). While I was there she suggested that I have pneumonia jab as well, so I did.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Mine’s on Wednesday. My GP sent me a letter with instructions on a one way system through the surgery.
There are two different vaccines, over 65 and under 65s.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have had one for ten years now because I am asthmatic, it's about the only strain I put on the NHS, so I think I might as well get it. I once had a young gobshite doctor question me for being in the queue, I had to bite my lip!

Worth getting this insurance policy every year imo.

Funny you should say that...

When I had mine, there was a nurse administering the vaccination and another lady with a computer, presumably taking care of the admin side so the whole process was streamlined and quick, which it was.

The nurse asked if I'd had it before, and I said something along the lines of "no, not that I can remember", to which the admin-lady barked back "they ARE every year".

I suspect I have been invited before and just ignored it. For obvious reasons, I didn't pass it up this year.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
My company has always provide in-house flu jabs but last year we were given vouchers. This year they said they couldn't get hold of any jabs (really hard to come by apparently) and are not providing vouchers. I will just have to phone my GP.
That’s good of them.....I work in a hospital though so no problems getting the jabs

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hate to be the bringer of bad news but the flu jab won't protect you against Covid.

Nobody on this thread has said it will, but I'm getting a faint whiff of missplaced optimism, correct me if my nasal passage is a liar :shrug:

I get the jab every year as I work in a hospital and it's an incubator for viral filth.

But as I haven't been in since March....I'll join the local queue. My GP surgery said 'come back mid October' so I will.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I hate to be the bringer of bad news but the flu jab won't protect you against Covid.

Nobody on this thread has said it will, but I'm getting a faint whiff of missplaced optimism, correct me if my nasal passage is a liar :shrug:

I get the jab every year as I work in a hospital and it's an incubator for viral filth.

But as I haven't been in since March....I'll join the local queue. My GP surgery said 'come back mid October' so I will.

Not sure anyone thinks that.

My thinking is that I don't want Flu AND Covid at the same time, slim chance as it probably is.

Edit: if we thought the Flu vaccination protected us against Covid, there'd be a lot less excitement about Covid-19 specific vaccines I imagine!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
GP said to wait for a letter and appointment, so still waiting.

Boots said they didn't have any, and check their website for availability.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea

If I end up in hospital due to the flu aren't the odds on catching Covid increased?

D

Deleted member 2719

Funny you should say that...

When I had mine, there was a nurse administering the vaccination and another lady with a computer, presumably taking care of the admin side so the whole process was streamlined and quick, which it was.

The nurse asked if I'd had it before, and I said something along the lines of "no, not that I can remember", to which the admin-lady barked back "they ARE every year".

I suspect I have been invited before and just ignored it. For obvious reasons, I didn't pass it up this year.

Haha, I can picture that!

The fact that 98% of people queueing look elderly, I think they feel they have to pick on you!They probably think we are NHS thieves as we are stealing someone else's jab!

I have not had mine because of a higher risk of death in the past; it's because I am self-employed.
I probably have a different mentality to work. :whistle::lol:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Popped into Kamsons in Peacehaven last week after work and had one done. In and out in 5 mins.

My elderly parents were booked into their docs to have their annual jabs, but were being delayed because the surgery was so busy with bookings. Had a chat with them and they drove over to Kamsons the next day and had theirs done, then they told their friends as well - who dashed over that day too.

I dont normally have one tbh, but better safe than sorry this year if the new reports on flu / Covid stats are to be believed....and at least my parents minds are at ease now too.

el punal

I was fortunate, managed to get an appointment at our surgery’s jab fest a week ago. I had a time slot and in I went. Nursie then asked me if I wanted a pneumonia injection as well, highly recommended she added. I said yes and as she was about to unleash the lance of pain informed me that I might suffer a reaction over the following 48 hours. Me and reactions don’t go. Oh, nothing serious, she says, you’ll just feel a little dicky.

So, for 48 hours I waited for Mr.Dicky to turn up and to my surprise he didn’t and all was well. Thank you nursie, and THANK YOU NHS! :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here