Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Flu Jab

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Yes - told by my GP they are currently out of supply but hoping to be restocked by December. Happy to wait.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was going to pay the tenner or whatever to get one from Boots, didn't get round to it, and then the news broke about the spike in demand and bookings were only going to be taken for the high priority cases.

Then, about a day later I received a text from my GPs saying that I was eligible for the vaccination with them. I can only assume that it is because I'm an asthmatic.

That same week, I went down there at 4:30 on a Saturday afternoon and was in and out in about 3-4 minutes.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I've had one for the last five years or so (always paid for it myself) - this year the places I normally go to aren't taking bookings, so I will be surprised if I can get one - maybe in a few months it will be possible?

D

Deleted member 2719

I was going to pay the tenner or whatever to get one from Boots, didn't get round to it, and then the news broke about the spike in demand and bookings were only going to be taken for the high priority cases.

Then, about a day later I received a text from my GP saying that I was eligible for the vaccination with them. I can only assume that it is because I'm an asthmatic.

That same week, I went down there at 4:30 on a Saturday afternoon and was in and out in about 3-4 minutes.
I have had one for ten years now because I am asthmatic, it's about the only strain I put on the NHS, so I think I might as well get it. I once had a young gobshite doctor question me for being in the queue, I had to bite my lip!

Worth getting this insurance policy every year imo.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Had mine Saturday (Wales) arm feels like it's been punched apart from that no problem. Gave it a swerve last year but this year due to Covid thought I should get in there.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A friend had booked for a jab at Boots, turned up at the appointed day and time, to be told that they had run out. Asked about when would there be more available, and told just to keep checking online, as didn't know when new supplies would be available.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Still waiting. I have one every year, and I had a text from my surgery saying they were expecting delivery on 28/09 but not been called for jab yet.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
We get ours done at the local pharmacy early doors in September before the mad rush. They send a notification to our gp to keep their records up to date.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Managed to get one in Lloyds Pharmacy last week for £12.99

Decided to go early this year. My employer sends us a “flu jab voucher” each winter which normally arrives in February once everyone has either had flu already or the pharmacies are out of vaccine stock.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
I had mine when I visited the nurse around 2 weeks ago. Luckily my annual appointment coincides with the flu jab being available. As always luckily I haven't had any side effects.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Had mine at work on Tuesday just gone

Stumpy Tim

Booked one each for my wife and I the day Boots opened their booking system, for the first day they were available. It seemed pretty obvious that demand was going to be high. Sure enough, a week after we had our flu jabs Boots started cancelling appointments

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Jul 7, 2003
Had mine booked in for Lloyds Chemist for next Friday for a few weeks. Employer is paying for everyone to have a jab and has for the last few years.

I think Boots get theirs from a different supplier to Lloyds and the issue is with their supplier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here