Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Google Chrome/ Windows Edge

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
May I ask the tech savvy fellow NSC's a problem? I've used Google Chrome for the past 10+ years without any problems. The response is fast here in Spain (300mbs speed) BUT since the last 2 updates (Windows 10), in particular the last one a couple of weeks ago, it has been awful. Slow to load pages, in fact everything on the laptop seemed to slow to a nigh on stand still. Obviously I thought it the machine or settings or accumulated junk. I tried everything but to no avail.

However at the last update Microsoft (without asking) installed Edge on to my system - is it a coincidence Chrome then slowed? However in sheer frustration I tried Edge instead and found it blindingly fast - just like Chrome used to be.

So is it something I have done or have Microsoft done something in the settings to force an issue?

Anyone else experienced similar problems?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I had a similar thing when Windows somehow managed to install their crappy Bing search engine as my default browser, had to redo the settings to get it back to Chrome

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
May I ask the tech savvy fellow NSC's a problem? I've used Google Chrome for the past 10+ years without any problems. The response is fast here in Spain (300mbs speed) BUT since the last 2 updates (Windows 10), in particular the last one a couple of weeks ago, it has been awful. Slow to load pages, in fact everything on the laptop seemed to slow to a nigh on stand still. Obviously I thought it the machine or settings or accumulated junk. I tried everything but to no avail.

However at the last update Microsoft (without asking) installed Edge on to my system - is it a coincidence Chrome then slowed? However in sheer frustration I tried Edge instead and found it blindingly fast - just like Chrome used to be.

So is it something I have done or have Microsoft done something in the settings to force an issue?

It's often Microsoft updates...... Sooner or later one will start causing havoc.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

Oh yes - the same issue for me, but with Opera which has always been reliable and speedy and yet since the Edge update it's virtually been rendered unusable. I would suggest Windows are forcing Edge as a default... Unsurprising but bloody annoying.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Theres various settings you can try change in chrome, just google it you arent alone, disable any extensions is a good start point..

I would highly doubt MS is trying to force issues anymore, I reckon they fully accept some companys do some stuff better than them now and just dont need to, far better that people use their paid for OS without hassles. Edge probably isnt worth so much to them commercially to make everyone try and convert to it, that ship has sailed. Just me opinion though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here