Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Age verses youth

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I see that United are linked with Edinson Cavani, a mere 33 years old. He's obviously not pushed for a few quid, having been on megabucks since a teenager. How motivated is he? Kouibaaly is a mere 29 years old, and has been linked with multi million transfer to several top EPL clubs. Adam Lallana is only 32. I see so many transfer rumours relating to players with either an injury prone history, or players approaching a pensionable age. Would you hurl money in their direction? Surely a striker in his mid 30's isn't a great investment. I'm really struggling to make sense of this. Isn't a striker with a Zimmer frame blocking the route for a youngster who might just make the grade?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I see that United are linked with Edinson Cavani, a mere 33 years old. He's obviously not pushed for a few quid, having been on megabucks since a teenager. How motivated is he? Kouibaaly is a mere 29 years old, and has been linked with multi million transfer to several top EPL clubs. Adam Lallana is only 32. I see so many transfer rumours relating to players with either an injury prone history, or players approaching a pensionable age. Would you hurl money in their direction? Surely a striker in his mid 30's isn't a great investment. I'm really struggling to make sense of this. Isn't a striker with a Zimmer frame blocking the route for a youngster who might just make the grade?

He didn't go to Benfica as they wouldn't pay his demanded wage of 10 million euros net per annum.

So with our tax system that would be pushing 20 million euros gross per annum. Or just a mere 385k euros per week. What's that about 330-340k sterling a week.

What do you reckon, get him in?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Age every time. More likely to spell versus correctly.

Not in my case, no sir!

Although...age verses youth...with the addition of a comma, could be a retrospectve by the bass player with Killing Joke ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here