Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Pickpockets.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Have you ever been a victim ? For me sadly yes,got 'hit' in a Manchester pub near the station years had just drawn 20 out in two Florence's tucked them into the back pocket drew one out to pay for drink slipped the changed into the front had my pint,felt a gentle nudge and an apology as someone lent across me to order a drink didn't think anything of it at the time. Walked to Piccadilly checking my pockets as you do and tumbled the nudge that something was missing. Maybe i am not alone ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No, but I have played pocket billiards.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Have you ever been a victim ? For me sadly yes,got 'hit' in a Manchester pub near the station years had just drawn 20 out in two Florence's tucked them into the back pocket drew one out to pay for drink slipped the changed into the front had my pint,felt a gentle nudge and an apology as someone lent across me to order a drink didn't think anything of it at the time. Walked to Piccadilly checking my pockets as you do and tumbled the nudge that something was missing. Maybe i am not alone ?

Is that a Manc euphemism???

Paging [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION]

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Yes, twice in the same day in Rome, once in Pamplona and about 30 times in Ethiopia spread over many visits, some successful and some thwarted, and once 'ha ha' two pick pockets fighting in the market in Bahir Dar as I caught one and the other attacked him for ruining his chances as he was also targetting me.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Tip- Never put your cash or wallet in your back pocket.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Would also like to say that some of the successful ones in Ethiopia have been brilliantly executed and I haven't minded being done and losing a couple of quid.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Would also like to say that some of the successful ones in Ethiopia have been brilliantly executed and I haven't minded being done and losing a couple of quid.

:lolol: :thumbsup:

Some people just don't get it. :shrug:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Had my wallet lifted walking out of the amex v sheffield wednesday. Only sixteen quid in it but bloody nightmare getting all my cards replaced

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Yes in Mombasa, they were clever you got jostled with apologies etc then you go to buy something and no wallet. It was found however in a backstreet minus money.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yes, twice in the same day in Rome, once in Pamplona and about 30 times in Ethiopia spread over many visits, some successful and some thwarted, and once 'ha ha' two pick pockets fighting in the market in Bahir Dar as I caught one and the other attacked him for ruining his chances as he was also targetting me.

You sound like an easy target. :lolol:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Pickpockets? Fire up the woodchipper. Unless they can be harvested for organ transplants. Maybe both?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I knew two pickpockets well. Growing up in a village you knew everybody. Nothing really escapes.

These two would target charity shops where elderly people would shop.These were there favorite choice of victim. Quite often old women would leave there handbag opened or partially.. They would travel all over Sussex as they were to well known in the Mid Sussex area. I'm sure Edna might know them but it was a long time ago. Old people driving mobility scooters was another favorite of there's as they wouldn't feel the zip being opened as the bag is either in front of them or behind in a basket.

I also remember them earning over £300 cash and a gold ring from one lift from a shop called Keymarkets or it could have been called Bejam. What was sickening was it was just before Xmas.. Inside was a picture of her and her 3 children.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I knew two pickpockets well. Growing up in a village you knew everybody. Nothing really escapes.

These two would target charity shops where elderly people would shop.These were there favorite choice of victim. Quite often old women would leave there handbag opened or partially.. They would travel all over Sussex as they were to well known in the Mid Sussex area. I'm sure Edna might know them but it was a long time ago. Old people driving mobility scooters was another favorite of there's as they wouldn't feel the zip being opened as the bag is either in front of them or behind in a basket.

I also remember them earning over £300 cash and a gold ring from one lift from a shop called Keymarkets or it could have been called Bejam. What was sickening was it was just before Xmas.. Inside was a picture of her and her 3 children.

Feeling guilty now Spence? :whistle: :)

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
1967 in M&S in Western Road. I was a teenager with £10 (2 weeks wages) to spend just before I joined up.
I didn’t see anyone or feel anything as my purse was lifted from my bag. I was as upset at losing the purse as I was the money.
The shop assistant didn’t see anything either (it was before the days of a central pay desk).
I didn’t even have my bus fare home, but bumped into a former school friend later as I reported the theft. I hoped the dipper was just take the money & ditch the purse. It was a special present from a cousin. I didn’t get it back.
My friend bought me a coffee and gave me my bus fare. Good old Dad replaced the tenner.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016

Yep, mine was in Ethiopia in Abu Dhabi, pair of shades (prescription!) and pack of cards from top pocket - saw it coming and it was so obvious, little nudge, a slight trip then bang items gobe

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here