Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A quick question for the bedwetters...

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
You know who you are. How many points do you expect from:

Chelsea (H)
Newcastle (A)
Man Utd (H)
Everton (A)

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’m not bedwetting at all. I’m really pleased with our manager and squad and we’ve got exactly what I thought we would have at this stage.

The only disappointing thing is our poorest performance came in the most recent game. Having said that, reflecting on the game I don’t think we were as bad as some on here are saying, we just didn’t hit the heights of the first 3 games and made some sloppy mistakes which cost us.

D

Deleted member 2719

No wet sheets here tonight.

I back the lads to come back stronger.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - honestly thought we’d beat either Chelsea or Utd......

I know it’s against the odds etc.... but felt we’d be close, which we were....... [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I imagine most fans are not at the extreme ends of these debates where you are either labelled a club licker or bedwetter.

I would say most are probably thinking we look decent but basic errors, defending set pieces and a lack of game management are undoing all our hard work.

So points so far aside that will be the concern that we have to address if we want to push on from last season

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I would have been really happy with 4 but settle for 3.

The injustice of the United game rankles big time and affects my thinking and mood !

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
I think we will be fine. Although it wasn't a great performance, I honestly don't think we were overwhelmed and all four goals were avoidable. We were just rubbish defensively.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
You know who you are. How many points do you expect from:

Chelsea (H)
Newcastle (A)
Man Utd (H)
Everton (A)

Maybe if the chairman didn’t say our aim is to be a top ten side and shopping at car boot rather than M&S it would help . It’s not the results so much more the performances . Basic defending even as a licker you would have to conceded that ?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Can we be ban people for the overuse of the phrase ' bed wetting'? Just rolled out anytime someone makes a considered criticism. There are many positives to the style of football we are trying to play but that is all quickly undone by errors in basic areas. Our set piece defending is poor as is our execution of our own situations. In tricky conditions and with Pickford looking awful our failure to put him under more pressure was criminal. Nobody is advocating hoof ball but you need to be adapt as to how a game is playing out.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Can we be ban people for the overuse of the phrase ' bed wetting'? Just rolled out anytime someone makes a considered criticism. There are many positives to the style of football we are trying to play but that is all quickly undone by errors in basic areas. Our set piece defending is poor as is our execution of our own situations. In tricky conditions and with Pickford looking awful our failure to put him under more pressure was criminal. Nobody is advocating hoof ball but you need to be adapt as to how a game is playing out.

I agree with all of this.

The bed wetter phrase is pathetic. It should mean an automatic ban.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I read this as "my bed is wet and I dont want to be shamed about it".

I agree to certain extent. Its interesting to discuss the negative stuff but tbh a lot of the criticism expressed on this forum is just poorly hidden panic and fear and worthy of the bedwetting label.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Maybe if the chairman didn’t say our aim is to be a top ten side and shopping at car boot rather than M&S it would help . It’s not the results so much more the performances . Basic defending even as a licker you would have to conceded that ?

That statement came before the global pandemic and is a long term goal. If he wants to be prudent given we are likely to play behind closed doors for the vast majority of the season I back that all the way. I don’t want he future of the club risked on shit or bust bid on the next Locadia. That said, the board have said they would go big on the right player and that’s backed up by their attempts to get Darwin Numez.

As for the performances, the consensus is we deserved around seven points from those four fixtures. I predicted one, we got three. We could focus everything on a solid defence. We did that under Hughton and it stank the place out.

I think a lot of our fans need to take a reality check

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here