Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] player ratings vs Everton 03/10

A pure embarrising show of play today - no holds barred review of the players:

Ryan: 5 cant really be blamed for any of the goals
Webster. 5.
Dunk 4.5. part of the leaky defence and seems off form
White. 5 not convinced hes quite ready yet
March 6.5 Our best player again - really improved this season but cant give him more in a defence which concedes 4
Lamptey. 6 clever player but i fear he will tire later in the season with the amount of coverage he does on the pitch
Connolly 5. few moments on flair but otherwise meh
Trossard. 6 improving each match - the goal WILL come
Maupay 6 Good messy goal, but absent for the first 30 mins of the match
Bissouma. 4 totally annoymous for most of the match - great late goal doesnt justify better though - seems castrated -maybe potter making him stay back more?
Alzate 5 the early booking really prevented him from taking too many chances

Gross. no rating
Veltman. 5. ok after intro in second half

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Webster. 5.
March 6.5 Our best player again - really improved this season but cant give him more in a defence which concedes 4
Lamptey. 6 clever player but i fear he will tire later in the season with the amount of coverage he does on the pitch
Bissouma. 4 totally annoymous for most of the match - great late goal doesnt justify better though - seems castrated -maybe potter making him stay back more?

Gross. no rating

Bissouma 4/10 99 touches, 74 passes, 89% accuracy, three dribbles, three tackles, two shots, one goal

Tough crowd

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

Webster. 5.

Gross. no rating

Tit

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Ryan - 6
Lamptey - 6
March - 8
Dunk - 5.5
Webster - 5
White - 5
Alzate - 6
Bissouma - 6
Trossard - 6
Connolly - 5
Maupay - 6

Veltman - 6

Potter - 4
Ref - 3

At times we look good, but we are physically weak, rarely win 50/50 challenges, and given the amount of goals we let in at key moments, mentally fragile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ralphingtonpuss

May 27, 2010
Nottingham

Webster. 5.

Gross. no rating

Lol
2 center backs at fault for goals and you mark the one who isn’t lower [emoji2357]
Anyone seen a scapegoat....[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Jesus wept, talk about knee jerk.:facepalm:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Don't feel like rating the players on that (they would all be low) as I don't think they stood a chance.

I think Potter has got the tactics, formation and subs all wrong.

On top of that our set-piece attacking and defending was abysmal which makes you wonder how he prepared his team today.

All we can hope is that he's learnt a lot from that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought Everton looked good and very well organised especially when they didn’t have possession. Two goals was a good return. The defending of set pieces let us down. Had our centre halves been more alert it would have been a different game; they were collectively appalling. I also think Lallana should have started.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ryan: 6 He was fine, no luck with all those point blank shots.

Webster: 3 Seemingly not challenging or winning anything in the box. Left James free twice.

Dunk: 4 Going through a worryingly poor patch of form. Shouldn’t be allowed to take a free kick again after almost kicking the ball out of the stadium.

White: 4 Burn or Veltman should replace him.

March: 6.5 Our best player but giving free kicks away to Everton is like giving them penalties with our horrid defending.

Lamptey: 6 Everton doubled up on him as most teams will now. Didn’t have the space or control in the wet.

Connolly: 5 Didn’t do a lot. Hoops wasn’t interested in giving him anything despite him going down a lot.

Troßard: 5 Gave them a goal but otherwise one of our better players. He wasn’t shooting much for some reason, maybe hitting the woodwork has put him off.

Maupay: 6 Alone in the box a lot with no power, strength or guile from another player to help him. Loved him using his body to outsmart Pickford.

Bissouma: 5 Lost all his early form. That suspension has obviously put him back.

Alzate: 6 Some nice touches and passes but nowhere near his best.

Subs:

Groß: 6 Ok.

Veltman: 6 Looked better than I thought he would after midweek.

Manager:

Potter: 5 Out defensive organisation was shocking today. But our decision making in set-piece situations at both ends was the worst I have seen in a very long time. Too much rain for our normal game, Pickford was dishing out presents today but remained alarmingly untested as we seemed to always pick another pass and spurn a shot.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Ryan 6
Lamptey6
Dunk5
Webster5
White5
Alzate 4
Trossard4
Bissouma6
March6.5
Connolly4.5
Maupay5.5
Subs....Can't be bothered.
Potter...5....Zonal marking is not working. 10 goals in 3 games v an off colour Chelsea..an off colour Utd...and an Everton team that coasted for long periods. We can no longer defend set pieces. All opponents know this now. If we keep defending like this we will not climb the table. Scoring 8 goals in 4 games should see us near the top half!!!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Not going to do ratings because for the first time I thought Potter got his tactics totally wrong. Set pieces at both ends were all wrong.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bissouma 4/10 99 touches, 74 passes, 89% accuracy, three dribbles, three tackles, two shots, one goal

Tough crowd

OP sounds like the sort of bloke who dumps every girlfriend after 3 weeks because of the bloody menstruation.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Ryan 5

Lamptey 5
Webster 4
White 4
Dunk 5
March 6

Alzate 4
Bissouma 5
Trossard 5

Maupay 5.5
Connolly 5

One to move quickly on from. I don't blame the players, there was nobody out there not putting the effort in, but the tactics were all wrong. Doucouré showed he is the exact kind of player we are missing in the middle, to go with no holding midfielder at all was a fatal mistake.

It'll hopefully be a good learning curve for Potter coming up against one of the best managers of the modern era.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here