Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sadly Our Starting Eleven Just Looks Like Relegation Fodder

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So what's your plan?

Bin the academy, let the stadium go to ruin, default on debts whenever we need, appoint an ultra pragmatic manager and gamble the clubs future by throwing every available penny on wages for mercenaries on short term contracts?

Sir, there's a club not to far from us who seem a better fit for you to support.

Take care

A difference of opinion and it’s all widening the scope, wild assumptions and even suggesting I support a different club. Come on, we’re better than that! Anyway, I’m a lifer, from an ever diminishing band who never turned their back on the club even during its darkest days. Take care as you say and a very good evening to you too Sir! But never. Ever. Suggest. I. Support. Them. Again. I’ve killed for less ;)

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
A combination of investing and developing youth, whilst also bringing in affordable experienced internationals has actually meant we currently have our strongest ever squad, which will hopefully achieve our highest points tally ever in the top flight. In addition, the on going investment in both infrastructure and personnel, means that we will should continue to improve our starting XI in the coming years. UTA.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
This is such a tabloid reactionary thread title. I mean what is “our starting 11”? We have a modern manager with a full squad to choose from. The match day team and system is fluid.

It’s not Dave Basset “here it is. My 11. This is who I always pick mate, 442”.

I look forward to bouncing this dumbass topic every time we have a good result.

boik

A difference of opinion and it’s all widening the scope, wild assumptions and even suggesting I support a different club. Come on, we’re better than that! Anyway, I’m a lifer, from an ever diminishing band who never turned their back on the club even during its darkest days. Take care as you say and a very good evening to you too Sir! But never. Ever. Suggest. I. Support. Them. Again. I’ve killed for less ;)

Well as you've invested so much in the Albion you should be glad we have someone in charge who is investing for the long term and no risking everything on the short term. Getting relegated won't kill us. Causing Tony to lose the love almost certainly would.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Once the near misses turn into goals we be team to reckon with.
Hope we don't have to wait too long.
Imagine if we had actually signed a talented striker in the window, yes I know folk will argue £30-40m won’t guarantee goals although if you buy from a top league a player with a decent record your shorting the odds that the player will score goals for you. Instead we bought a Swiss kid for chump change and Welbeck who may do something here’s hoping.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Over 300 posts, yet, with a 25 man squad, plus regular U21 players, nobody knows who our starting 11 actually are, let alone if they are relegation fodder.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Pretty happy with our squad overall. Would have loved a star striker to come in but its pretty obvious the club are looking to see where we are with the likes of Tau, Andone, and Zeqiri before spunking £30million on someone new. If we can make do for 6 to 12 months we could then have Maupay, Connolly, Zeqiri, Welbeck, Andone, and Tau as our options. Moder also comes into the midfield from January and Karbownik at the end of the season. Just got to hope we're not bottom 3 before all those are integrated.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
For Christ’s sake , so much negativity on this thread . Listen - we are playing the best football and have the best squad possibly ever. We are hoovering up lots of very high quality young talent all over Europe . Look at how well our under 23’s and under 18’s are doing in their leagues .

We will not go down this season , we are playing far too well for that to happen. Light years ahead of the last season under CH. we are improving all the time .

Yes it’s a very hard league and we will drop points where we shouldn’t but come the end of the season we will finish somewhere between 42 & 49 points .

Thread over - shame I needed to read this post to put my mind at ease that I’m not seeing anything others’ aren’t - as some of the posts, including the OP are pathetic.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Well as you've invested so much in the Albion you should be glad we have someone in charge who is investing for the long term and no risking everything on the short term. Getting relegated won't kill us. Causing Tony to lose the love almost certainly would.

Neither would, even if I had said that. Which I didn’t, you’re just another bi polar binary example who can’t distinguish anything between boo hiss and roseytint. Anyway, I’m done with. Let’s hope we climb the table, which has been our 119 year long term plan however it’s achieved (but frequently goes wrong in the short term)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
As much as I'd like to agree with you, you're definitely on the wrong track. THPP is a big fan of Ashley Barnes.

I know he likes Ashley.

It was more a comment on the wildly hyperbolic, over the top, reactionary and wrong calling of a subject. Something Mr Burns, thanks to his Barnes thread, will live in NSC infamy for and something that THPP seems to enjoy doing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know he likes Ashley.

It was more a comment on the wildly hyperbolic, over the top, reactionary and wrong calling of a subject. Something Mr Burns, thanks to his Barnes thread, will live in NSC infamy for and something that THPP seems to enjoy doing.

I agree THPP likes a good wind up now and again, but I got the feeling Mr Burns was deadly serious.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Thread over - shame I needed to read this post to put my mind at ease that I’m not seeing anything others’ aren’t - as some of the posts, including the OP are pathetic.

If not close the thread I'd nomimate that we change the title to something like .... happily, our starting XI are easily good enough to be competitive in this division

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here