Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sadly Our Starting Eleven Just Looks Like Relegation Fodder

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just dreadful.

Q How do you progess from being EPL cannon fodderand just clinging on in there for another season or two?

A Pay market prices. Or fold :shrug:

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Completely disagree, we'll do okay this season we have lots of young players who will learn adjust and improve. We just happen to be playing potential title winners today who are far better than us. No shame in losing to this Everton side at all.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
We’ve lost against 3 top, top teams. Comical defending today but we’ve been largely unlucky as well.

Ridiculous post, would understand if we’d lost to West Brom, Fulham etc but not Everton away and two teams worth 300m

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Just dreadful.

Q How do you progess from being EPL cannon fodderand just clinging on in there for another season or two?

A Pay market prices. Or fold :shrug:

Hey Tom,

I think it’s fair to say that they are FAR better than us on paper and in practice, they have a proven world class coach etc.

I do think however, that GP has worked wonders on very little - and this kind of result perhaps shouldn’t be blown out of proportion ... BUT our complete lack of backbone and steel worries me hugely... we score... they immediately score and we end up losing ... zero points.

It reminds me of the season in the championship under Mark McGhee, when we came down (I think) it was the same too easily conceding... = down.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
People get offended when people write us off, saying that we are better than last season. Yet are doing the exact same to Everton. Who have a world class manager, and a few top players, and arguably a world class player. People need to grow the **** up. Also it was one bad performance. We will have a few of them, it happens.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Definitely in for another relegation battle. Laughable the amount of posters bigging up potter as some kind of managerial god. He's got it wrong 3 out of 4 this season.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Rubbish - best team we’ve ever had and look like they’re going places. Lots to learn but utter nonsense knee jerk thread - you should be embarrassed with that.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We’ve lost against 3 top, top teams. Comical defending today but we’ve been largely unlucky as well.

Ridiculous post, would understand if we’d lost to West Brom, Fulham etc but not Everton away and two teams worth 300m

This is the PL, they’re all top teams so we’d better get our shit together because unfortunately we’re not.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
:ffsparr:

This guy, dwayne, spence and a few others got giant boners at the moment. Too bad you will be disappointed in the end.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Our defence has been shite but we're 4 league games into the season and the 3 we've lost have been against teams with a far, far superior squad to ours.

Extremely frustrating game today, particularly the defending and our reluctance to whip any balls in the box from corners, but you've wet the bed massively with that OP.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
It's absolutely insane, isn't it?

It's like people have a random bout of selective amnesia - forgetting how great we have been all season, with many people saying this is our strongest side EVER.

Just takes one humbling defeat against a top side in historic form and we get this... loads and loads of soaked bedsheets.

Yep it's unbelievable.

We will paste teams this season like we did with newcastle. Everton are looking very very clinical, they have a world class manager, and have actually signed a world class player this season.

Logging off from this incredibly toxic place for the evening.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It's absolutely insane, isn't it?

It's like people have a random bout of selective amnesia - forgetting how great we have been all season, with many people saying this is our strongest side EVER.

Just takes one humbling defeat against a top side in historic form and we get this... loads and loads of soaked bedsheets.
Dunno.

These top teams let us play out pretty football and then just punish us on the break time and time and time again.

I know we hammered man u but at the end of the day they looked like they could score every attack. They even had two disallowed goals.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Really poor post blimey we lost to a very good side and we got caught out with naivety we’ll learn and progress but we are short a couple of players that can change tactically when we need to March needs competition we need a proper dm and a back to goal striker

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
This is the PL, they’re all top teams so we’d better get our shit together because unfortunately we’re not.

Chelsea who’ve just spent a zillion pound on new players
Manchester United (Squad worth about 250m)
Newcastle Away (Ok, this one wasn’t so tough but on paper was a tough game)
Everton Away (Spent a lot of money and have won every game this year)

We’ve been very naive today, but it’s been a tough opening to the season. No excuses for our defending today it must get better, but even if we’d defended well I think Everton were well worth the win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here