Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Corners and free kicks

flint

Jul 9, 2003
eastbourne
Why is Ryan not coming and punching these crosses.
He did at start of season but now rooted to his line and we keep conceding goals

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We are currently league one at both, 2 brilliant free kick opportunities, both passed accross the pitch and back to Ryan within 6 second

Everton get one, every BHA player is ball watching and we concede.

Extremely frustrating to watch and really nowhere near PL standard. A shame as we were starting to get into the game when we scored.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We need to be working hard on defending these set pieces, we look like conceding every time the opposition can put it in to the box. It’s costing us every week and it’s something that is so fundamental to the game.

Come on lads, please sort this out.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think he should be claiming it but also feel we should learn as individuals to take responsibility and attack the ball. All round shocking - knew it was coming too.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It obviously cant go on like this on the defensive set pieces, but I'm resting my pitchfork - Man United and Everton are excellent when it comes to this part of the game.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I think he should be claiming it but also feel we should learn as individuals to take responsibility and attack the ball. All round shocking - knew it was coming too.

This. Ryan could occasionally come and claim something, but equally it works be nice if our centre backs could win a header at some point.

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
I think we need to drop the zonal thing it doesn’t seem to work for us
Putting the keeper issue aside why was Maupay marking the goal scorer again
Got to go back to the old fashioned man to man thing I reckon

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Chelsea got one against us from a corner , was soft

UTD got their first , and Maguire was totally unmarked which led to the penalty , so effectively two goals from set pieces

Everton get two from set pieces

Us? We pass back to the defenders when we get a corner or free kick

Baffling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
This is by far our biggest weakness. Cut this out and we'll fly up the table it is the only thing stopping this team from becoming a solid top 10 outfit. Defending and Attacking crosses we just don't know how to do it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here