Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lack of Options

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I try and be a positive poster and am overall delighted with the direction of the club, the ethos and the way we play. But I am finding it increasingly difficult to understand the clubs position in relation to our attacking options given that one bad injury could undo so much of the great work. On the bench today we have no forward options at all. It’s just not an acceptable position for a premier league club aspiring to be more than just relegation battlers.

I look at clubs that we consider realistic rivals and they all, and I mean all, have greater strength and depth. Look at Villa, Sheffield United, Newcastle, Burnley. Southampton, West Ham, all have three four first team strikers to call on.

Look at the number of games we have in December how can we possibly think we can survive that with two strikers, it ridiculous.

I know this topic has been done to death and the usual posters will be along to defend everything the club does but on this topic it simply Is not good enough. I understand we need to be prudent in our financial dealings given the pandemic but if the situation is so desperate that we need to tackle a compressed season with only two forwards then someone should say so.

Our forward recruitment since we joined the EPL has been poor. We are now almost immune to it and how does the proverb go; insanity is doing the same thing over and over and hoping for a different outcome.

Anyone who doesn’t think we would benefit from having at least Murray as an option on the bench today is deluded and is blind to a real issue.

P.s if we do end up signing a striker before the window closes I will be delighted to eat humble pie!

Last edited:

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
I try and be a positive poster but I am finding it increasingly difficult to understand the clubs position in relation to our attacking options. On the bench today we have no forward options at all. It’s just not an acceptable position for a premier league club aspiring to be more than just relegation battlers.

I look at clubs that we consider realistic rivals and they all, and I mean all, have greater strength and depth. Look at Villa, Sheffield United, Newcastle, Burnley. Southampton, West Ham, all have three four first team strikers to call on.

Look at the number of games we have in December how can we possibly think we can survive that with two strikers, it ridiculous.

I know this topic has been done to death and the usual posters will be along to defend everything the club does but on this topic it simply Is not good enough. I understand we need to be prudent in our financial dealings given the pandemic but if the situation is so desperate that we need to tackle a compressed season with only two forwards then someone should say so.

Our forward recruitment since we joined the EPL has been poor. We are now almost immune to it and how does the proverb go; insanity is doing the same thing over and over and hoping for a different outcome.

Anyone who doesn’t think we would benefit from having at least Murray as an option on the bench today is deluded and is blind to a real issue.

Haven’t we just singed another striker?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
It isn't our fault your beloved Palace got tonked. Toddle off and find a building to burn or money to ringfence.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Haven’t we just singed another striker?

For the U23's I thought.

God forbid Maupay or Connelly get banned or pick up a knock, we have no plan B whatsoever. Love our starting eleven, just hope they can stay fit.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I try and be a positive poster but I am finding it increasingly difficult to understand the clubs position in relation to our attacking options. On the bench today we have no forward options at all. It’s just not an acceptable position for a premier league club aspiring to be more than just relegation battlers.

Personally, I would rather have Gross, Ali Mac, Ali J, Trossard, Lallana, March, Izquierdo and when fit, Andone as an attacking option on the bench in front of the 2020-2021 edition of Glen Murray (or a Locadia type gamble) :shrug:

And possibly BDB, but I'm still thinking about that one :p

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
It isn't our fault your beloved Palace got tonked. Toddle off and find a building to burn or money to ringfence.

If you don’t think the situation is a concern you either don’t understand football or are a plastic fan who doesn’t really care.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Personally, I would rather have Gross, Ali Mac, Ali J, Trossard, March, Izquierdo and when fit, Andone as an attacking option in front of the 2020-2021 edition of Glen Murray (or a Locadia type gamble) :shrug:

That’s fair enough. Personally for me too many of those you listed are not actually forwards or are out injured. I know Izzy is on the bench for the u23s today but it will be months till he’s fully firing.

I agree about Andone but apparently he’s not back till February.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean

If that's positive, hate to see negative

Jealousy?

Wrong

Yep, done to death

You can't force people to work for us, especially if some one else pays more

Anyone who doesn’t think we would benefit from having at least Murray as an option on the bench today is deluded and is blind to a real issue

Yep, we're all leeds fans.

Childish post, gets childish answers

macky

Dec 28, 2004
We are a funny lot aint we We are watching possibly the best football We have ever played With a team full of home grown youngsters A team full of internationals Who are starting to get the plaudits we deserve And yet we still moan Be happy for Christ's sake Sit back and enjoy the ride

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The striker is being loaned out as not ready for first team football according to Andy Naylor and so I don’t see how that helps the immediate issue.

The one signed 2 days ago, who is joining the 1st team squad is being loaned out ? Yeah right

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here