Date: Saturday 3rd October 2020
Kick-off: 15:00 BST
Referee: Simon Hooper
Assistants: Derek Eaton, Scott Ledger
Fourth Official: Jonathan Moss
VAR: Kevin Friend
Additional VAR: Simon Beck

TEAM NEWS

Everton midfielder Allan is sidelined with a groin injury sustained during the League Cup win against West Ham.

Richarlison will be assessed after he was substituted with an ankle problem on Wednesday but Jonjoe Kenny, Andre Gomes, Mason Holgate and Jarrad Branthwaite are all out.

Brighton & Hove Albion have no new injuries and will rotate their squad after making nine League Cup changes.

Davy Propper is set to be available after the international break.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton are winless in their eight away fixtures against Everton in all competitions, losing all three Premier League matches at Goodison Park (D2, L6).
    [*=left]The Seagulls have not earned an away point at Everton since a 2-2 draw in October 1982.
Everton

• [*=left]Everton have won their opening six games of a season in all competitions for the first time since 1938.
    [*=left]They can win their first four top-flight matches for a sixth time, and the first since 1969. In four of the five previous seasons they achieved this feat, they went on to win the league title.
    [*=left]Everton last won four Premier League fixtures in a row between August and September 2016, under Ronald Koeman.
    [*=left]The Toffees have scored eight goals in their first three games, a club Premier League record.
    [*=left]Everton have had 59 sequences of 10 passes or more in open play in the Premier League this season, second only to Liverpool's 60.
    [*=left]Dominic Calvert-Lewin can become the first Everton player to score in the opening four matches of a Premier League season.
    [*=left]James Rodriguez has created 15 chances in four games for Everton in all competitions, the most of any Premier League player in 2020-21.
    [*=left]Rodriguez has registered 15 goals and 16 assists in 35 league appearances under Carlo Ancelotti.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton can win two of their opening four top-flight matches for the first time. They can also register three successive top-flight away victories for the first time.
    [*=left]The Seagulls are currently on a club record run of eight top-flight away games unbeaten (W3, D5).
    [*=left]Brighton have drawn a league-high nine times in 2020.
    [*=left]They are averaging 14.7 shots per game in the league this season, their highest rate in the Premier League.
    [*=left]Neil Maupay has scored three goals in his three Premier League appearances this season. It took him 10 games to score four in 2019-20.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We’re lose

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I can’t help but think wheel loose as well unfortunately. I’m still looking forward to the match though and really hope I’m proved wrong.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Tough game again. So like last week, no shame in losing as far as I’m concerned.

However stats don’t like. Potter has turned us into a formidable team on the road. A little luck and a draw is definitely in our grasp. IF we can keep a clean sheet. It’s not impossible for us to nick more.

Should be another good test of our young side.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
This is it, we'll win this one, mark my words.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Sounds like were due a win against them. As [MENTION=17301]mwrpoole[/MENTION] said, they're going to miss Allan. Still, with DLC and Rodriguez in great form it could be a tricky afternoon for us defensively.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am expecting nothing so anything will be a bonus.

Just hope we are competitive. From memory we seldom bother turning up at Goodison

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not expecting anything to a team so bang in form with one of the best players around (James) and the most in form striker (DCL) but hope we put on yet another decent performance. Who knows, we could nick something...

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Jesus Christ, referee masterclass incoming...

Let's just get the job done, no ifs, buts and 10+ minutes of added time.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I know a lot of Everton fans, as I live in Liverpool. They aren’t exactly brimming with confidence. Be great for us to get a result today, would be happy with a score draw.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think we can dominate the midfield.

We just need one of the back three to push up and do a job on Hamez.

If we concede any soft goals we are ****ed, but Webster, Dunk & White have the opportunity to win this one for us by helping keep a clean sheet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here