Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] The Fridat drinks thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Here it is again.

It’s been a long week but I’m now relaxing and listening to Hilary Woods and working my way through a large Fuerst Wiacek Pyramid IPA.....the star of Berlin craft brewing.

Happy Fridat everyone.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Just about to indulge in a Brandy Alexander, Susan Kennedy's favourite drink no less, and Mrs Crodo is having a Moscow Mule.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Enjoying a couple of Bavarian beers while prepping dinner. It’s fish so tradition demands a white wine later but I’m not a fan. I have a bottle of Gran Lomos Malbec that I fear won’t be joining us tonight. Maybe I’ll stick to beer. Either way I’m looking forward to post meal drinks. Maybe a brandy or two.
But the night is young....
Enjoy your evenings!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Heading off to the Five Bells in Smock Alley in a moment, I believe they have Theakston's Old Peculiar on at the moment, no doubt will have a Hacker Pschorr or two, too.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just quaffed the last of a 4 pint Thirsty Thursday takeaway of Oakham Citra.... then moving on to spme assorted APA's...Happy Fridat !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Moved onto Abstrakt 23

“This release is an American barley wine which has spent almost two years hidden away inside bourbon whiskey casks in our Ellon barrel store. Over that time the beer has taken on such an incredible turn of flavour from the first-fill oak, magnifying and rounding out the profile it began with. And that was quite the payload already – Pale, Munich, Cara, Crystal and Brown malt giving a rich, caramel-like backbone for the elements from the wood to interact with.”

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And moved onto Can’s Tago Mago which I have just bought on vinyl.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Having a glass or three of my favourite red - The Guv'nor, which you can only (I think) get from Majestic. It's lush.

In fact, scrub that. It's horrible. Don't bother wasting your time and money buying it.

:wink:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Hope you said Halleluwah when got it! :rock:

Recent Birthday got lots of decent and/or interesting bottles of Wine (Bolney Estate Sparkling Red for example) but trying to restrain myself booze-wise at present so its coffee for me this evening while listening to a 1 hour Brian Eno Ambient Piece.

Happy Fridat to all, hope you enjoy your Abstrakt Herr T... :bigwave:

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Guzzling my way through a bottle of 7L Rosado De Una Noche Spanish Rosé up here in Wunt be Druv heights- very nice it is too! Happy Fridat night to all you lovely N.S.C.ers

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hope you said Halleluwah when got it! :rock:

Recent Birthday got lots of decent and/or interesting bottles of Wine (Bolney Estate Sparkling Red for example) but trying to restrain myself booze-wise at present so its coffee for me this evening while listening to a 1 hour Brian Eno Ambient Piece.

Happy Fridat to all, hope you enjoy your Abstrakt Herr T... :bigwave:

Halleluwah indeed! I was in Brighton on family business and popped into Resident and they had a re-released double orange heavy weight vinyl version...I just followed the script.

Which Eno piece are you listening to?

und Schöne Geburtstag!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Just out of interest, what do you think of this artistic piece?
Capture.PNG

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 92

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Since last Thursday I've drunk nearly 60 cans of strongbow.

I'm taking a long hard look at myself and have locked myself away indoors all day so I haven't had the urge to stop into an off license.

Finding it tough but hangover free tomorrow for the first time in a long time.

I won't deny you lot having a good drink. I love it too but its become a bit of an issue for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here