Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pop Up Shop in Churchill Square

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's back.

"Located on the upper level near to the JD entrance of the centre, the doors are expected to open on Friday 16th October."

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Talking of which, this popped up on my YouTube recommendations last night.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
What happened to the actual shop that was in Churchill Square for a time?

that was just a pop up for christmas time as well wasn't it? never intended to be a permanent thing

but to echo another poster- I imagine rent prices are what is putting the club off in terms of a permanent shop in churchill square

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1863330/churchill-square-pop-up-shop-now-open

church.JPG

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I went past it the other day...it's the proper shop as seen last year - and in the same spot too. The windows were all covered, although could see a couple of shelf edges as I walked past, with blue and white striped malarkey clearly on them!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's back.

"Located on the upper level near to the JD entrance of the centre, the doors are expected to open on Friday 16th October."

Maybe the club could give their heads a wee bit of a wobble and allow punters who order goods online to pick em up in Churchill Square store

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Maybe the club could give their heads a wee bit of a wobble and allow punters who order goods online to pick em up in Churchill Square store
They did say that they were hoping to offer this. The cheapest shipping option is £4.99, which is crazy for low value/small items, so I hope this comes to pass...

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
FFS we were supposed to be coming down at half term to stay with my Stepmum so this would have been perfect timing. But now we can't because of the bloody lockdown rules. :angry:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
FFS we were supposed to be coming down at half term to stay with my Stepmum so this would have been perfect timing. But now we can't because of the bloody lockdown rules. :angry:

If your stepmum is in Brighton then it's fine. We're Tier 1 here still. It's London area that's going to Tier2 tonight. That's messed up half term plans for us as we were going to send kids to stay with family in London.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If your stepmum is in Brighton then it's fine. We're Tier 1 here still. It's London area that's going to Tier2 tonight. That's messed up half term plans for us as we were going to send kids to stay with family in London.
It was part of a trip to the Merc track/museum at Brooklands which has had to postponed (we were staying at the hotel there). Will monitor the situation but I'm pretty sure it's only going to get worse by then!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It was part of a trip to the Merc track/museum at Brooklands which has had to postponed (we were staying at the hotel there). Will monitor the situation but I'm pretty sure it's only going to get worse by then!

Yeah good chance the "circuit break" might kick in over half term. Shame. Hope you get a refund.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Yeah good chance the "circuit break" might kick in over half term. Shame. Hope you get a refund.
They've said they'll carry out forward for now. But yeah, might end having to get a refund. Grrr. As you say, it's screwing up so many people's plans.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I bought the black and grey scarf from the shop before lockdown. Its well made. It's tasteful. It's quality. It's also so short and thick that any attempt to loop it around the neck turns the whole thing into one big, strangling, knot. Bizarre design flaw. It is currently excluding the draft in my hallway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here