Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Demarai Gray?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
All the mood music is that Potter is happy with what he's got but Demarai Gray is reportedly available from Leicester City. He's a good player. Very skilful, very quick and fits with the sort of player we've been signing under Ashworth/Potter. He's not had much of a chance of first team football and only a year left on his contract so unlikely to cost a lot. Might be a good addition.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think he would be a fantastic signing but it would be a struggle fitting him in. He's played as a number 9 for Leicester but he can't get in their team which I find very strange. I thought he was going to thrive under Brendan Rodgers so there must be a problem there. Harvey Barnes seems to me to have half the talent, but is a first choice pick.

I suspect there's more to Gray than his talent on the pitch.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Harvey Barnes seems to me to have half the talent, but is a first choice pick.

I suspect there's more to Gray than his talent on the pitch.

In terms of Prem game time minutes played Barnes has played the equivalent of 38 matches, 8 goals, 11 assists whereas Gray has played 60 matches, 10 goals, 12 assists.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Decent player, always looked good when I’ve seen him actually get on the pitch for Leicester.

As has already been said, must be a reason he isn’t getting the game time with Leicester which could be a concern.

I’m sure he would easily be able to play as one of our front 3 so being labeled a ‘winger’ doesn’t bother me ..... but I’m sure Leicester would be looking for a reasonable fee even though he only has a year left on his contract.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think anyone holding out any serious hopes of further arrivals is going to end up disappointed at this stage TBH

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
pointless , we are done from all noises at club

Still think there may be one more surprise up our sleeves, someone like Welbeck on loan.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I think anyone holding out any serious hopes of further arrivals is going to end up disappointed at this stage TBH

THIS.

March’s emergence at LWB means we’re happy having BDB as cover here.

Zeqiri will plug a gap until January when he’ll have either made the step up or one of our other targets - my guess is Edouard - will become available at a palatable price.

So no further additions.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Potter has said he's happy to go with what he's got. So i can't work out why people keep starting these kind of 'clutching at straws' threads.

That's a bit harsh. I'd call this idle musing. It's not as if ew2 or whatsisname started the thread (in which case it would have started with 'Why oh why' :wink:)

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
What makes you say that? I'm not expecting any more incomings.

Can just see a bit more back up coming in for what we have, Graham Potter has has a good chance to look at our squad so far but now he's looking at sending a few out on loan I can see a couple coming in. Nothing big that will put noses out of joint just a couple to enhance what we have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here