Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I can’t quite bring myself to wish death on anyone - even someone like Trump who’s words and actions cause so much suffering.

However, I do hope it means he drops out of the race. I think it would be best for humanity.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
That’s certainly the smart thing to do.

By pandering to the joy of the educated classes at this news, he risks alienating millions of floating voters. The anti-Trumps will vote for him come what may, he needs to be presidential and classy about his response in the face of millions upon millions of Americans wishing the Orange clown death. It’s tough though, because it’ll be so easy to say that Trump did ‘this’ or ‘that’ and has now paid the price for not taking the virus seriously.

If he capitalises on this too much it could come back to bite him, imagine if he gets it a few days before the actual poll.

At the same time why shouldn't he capitalise on Trump's reckless approach?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
More than likely explains his rather short tempered/aggressive approach v Biden.

No it does not. He is incapable of debating the actual issues and instead has been trying to run an election campaign against the idea of elections, His performance at the debate was completely consistent with his previous performances whenever challenged. His refusal to condemn white supremacists was not a first. He was specifically asked the question because he had failed to do so when previously asked. His comments about Biden's son are a tactic seen at his rallies. Trump reacted in exactly the way he has always reacted when faced with dissent instead of adoration.

By all means have sympathy for him as a person if you choose, but do not try to use the situation to try to explain the bullying, the utter lack of empathy and the dangerous self serving rhetoric. Those have all been consistent throughout his political career.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He's got no symptoms. Hysteria in the media suggesting if he will get serious symptoms then will arrive in a few days.

Millions have it. Amazing even makes the news but really see the fear from the media right now.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Now, at last, will all the Trump lovers, supporters and voters who believe that Covid-19 is a Democrat induced hoax spread by the fake media actually realise that that ain’t so.

just because vote trump doesn't mean think this you know.

I'm not a fan of Trump particularly but I do like how he stands up to all the snowflakes.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sorry what? You think it’s good news someone catching a potentially deadly disease? Ban this muppet immediately.

Oh do turn it in.

I've had Covid type health problems from April onwards and gone from marathon fit to making a coffee fit. All the time this idiot and his far right cheerleaders have been downplaying it and encouraging recklessness around it. Basically laughing at me and the one million dead world wide. I think I'm going to enjoy my revenge while it's still cold.

el punal

He's got no symptoms. Hysteria in the media suggesting if he will get serious symptoms then will arrive in a few days.

Millions have it. Amazing even makes the news but really see the fear from the media right now.

Regardless, if nothing else happens to him health wise you may consider this to be a “shot across his bows” for his previous negligent attitude to this pandemic.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
Oh do turn it in.

I've had Covid type health problems from April onwards and gone from marathon fit to making a coffee fit. All the time this idiot and his far right cheerleaders have been downplaying it and encouraging recklessness around it. Basically laughing at me and the one million dead world wide. I think I'm going to enjoy my revenge while it's still cold.

Ashamed to have you as a fellow Brighton supporter. Bell ends in all walks of life I guess. Enjoy your coffee.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I can’t bring myself to wish death on anyone - doesn’t sit comfortably with me. However, I do hope it means he drops out of the race. I think it would be best for humanity.

Unfortunately that would mean:

1. Mike Pence (potentially even worse than Trump - a proper full on nutjob - and more likely than Trump to win from here) takes over
2. Possible sympathy vote to republicans, and much harder for democrats to use Trump as main attack target in election
3. possibly delayed election, giving time to turn polls round

The reality was that Trump was heading for a highly likely defeat. Now, one way or another, he isn't.
It wasn't the hard right policies that were turning people against the republicans. It was Trump. And they knew it.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
thoughts and prayers

right, that's that sorted, what next ....

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I see some other posters have alluded to it being a publicity stunt, so I can't be the only one who doesnt think he's actually got it and this is just an attempt by a President who is behind in the polls, and being crucified on his response to Covid, to show that he is suffering with the people. What was his tweet, we'll get through this "together".

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
No it does not. He is incapable of debating the actual issues and instead has been trying to run an election campaign against the idea of elections, His performance at the debate was completely consistent with his previous performances whenever challenged. His refusal to condemn white supremacists was not a first. He was specifically asked the question because he had failed to do so when previously asked. His comments about Biden's son are a tactic seen at his rallies. Trump reacted in exactly the way he has always reacted when faced with dissent instead of adoration.

By all means have sympathy for him as a person if you choose, but do not try to use the situation to try to explain the bullying, the utter lack of empathy and the dangerous self serving rhetoric. Those have all been consistent throughout his LIFE.

fixed

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The sad thing is Trump has created such a toxic political atmosphere in the States that is entirely believable that this is just a desperate campaign tactic and that Trump does not even COVID.

If he does have it then he will only have his own recklessness to blame. He has flouted and indeed disparaged the scientific advice on masks and social distancing. Hosted at least one super-spreader event and presided over a White House staff that has had many instances of Covid. If Trump does have it could be very serious for him indeed as he is a high-risk group, I just hope that he and his unmasked entourage did not pass the virus on to the Bidens or anyone else that attended the 'debate' on Tuesday night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here