Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] knocky

PaoloAlbioni

May 6, 2016
Legend. Loved his passion and enthusiasm for the game - though he did have a frequent tendency to beat the same man 3 times...

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
So exciting to watch in our promotion season. He went passed fullbacks on both sides and drove into box like Lampty does now. At next level game was limited to going inside and crossing.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The Premier League obviously doesn't suit him, had three goes at it now, Leicester, the Albion, and Fulham, and failed three times.

Was a great player in the Championship though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Premier League obviously doesn't suit him, had three goes at it now, Leicester, the Albion, and Fulham, and failed three times.

This is my thinking.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

He didnt fail with us at all did he, thats harsh imho. Was also asked to defend a lot under Hughton and always did so.

Selfish a bit for sure, but was and still is good enough imho. He's at the wrong club who dont know how to play to his strengths.

AK needs to feel loved and he was massively here and isn't there.

If Hughton came back in at this level, I reckon he'd still get tune out of Knocky. I miss the petulant little so and so. Box office.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
He didnt fail with us at all did he, thats harsh imho. Was also asked to defend a lot under Hughton and always did so.

Selfish a bit for sure, but was and still is good enough imho. He's at the wrong club who dont know how to play to his strengths.

If Hughton came back in at this level, I reckon he'd still get tune out of Knocky. I miss the petulant little so and so. Box office.

Loved his passion and we got 2 to 3 great seasons from him. Do miss him running down the wing.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

This.... he wasn't as good as was in championship but still made some telling contributions alongside some high profile mistakes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Leicester offered him a contract extension but Knocky turned it down to play in Belgium, nearer his family, because his brother died. I have posted the link from the Leicester Mercury several times on Nsc, but the same lazy opinion still gets posted.

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
He looked awful today. And he was playing against the second string of a Championship team. Maybe he just had an off day, but I can see why the fans might think that he was not worth the 10 million figure...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What happened with the Cardiff rumours then?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Leicester offered him a contract extension but Knocky turned it down to play in Belgium, nearer his family, because his brother died. I have posted the link from the Leicester Mercury several times on Nsc, but the same lazy opinion still gets posted.

Yes - just because he wasn’t brilliant every week, doesn’t mean he failed. Personally, thought he was in and out but comparable with Trossard last season.

IMO he needs to go back to France.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
AK is a bit of an enigma good enough to be promoted to the prem three times wth diffrent clubs good enough to be picked as Championship player of the season and picked by fellow professionals to be in the Championship team of the season on two occasions yet appears to struggle at the next level while others who have not achieved his levels in the championship flourish in the prem.

I watched the Brentford v Fulham game this week and it appeared to me AK was really isolated on what looked a narrow pitch but time again AK was a good option but players around him chose not to pass him the ball, Fulhams big centre forward was absolutely useless would not pass to anyone which didn't help, I really thought Fulham was a good fit for AK but on that performance and his lack of general game time I am starting to have second thoughts and at 28 he really should be in his prime it's not as if he's been an injury prone player, it's all very odd an enigma indeed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here