Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Anybody on here currently on holiday in Turkey ?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Does living there count? :lolol:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Mean't to be going on Saturday:down::down:

I’ve had a nightmare with holidays so far this year, I was due to go to Turkey in April, obviously that got cancelled.

When things looked like getting back to normal I booked a week to Fuerteventura, for this week. I had to cancel that when they were included in the quarantine list.

So I left things to the very last minute and booked this week in Turkey, and now I have to quarantine when I get back.

Ok I could have saved money but I would have only spent in on something else !!

Like I said earlier, I’ve had a great break, totally needed, but I understand the rules and will abide by them on my return.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I see Poland has been added now. I just got back last week from there and suppose to be going again in November.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Only if you have plans to land in uk after 4am on Saturday!!

My flight lands at 10:50am, now have to quarantine for 14 days on my return.

Sorry for you mate.. you can always doss on my couch in Izmir if you want to stay ;)

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I see Poland has been added now. I just got back last week from there and suppose to be going again in November.

I don't know why, but that's actually really surprised me. Given your posting behaviour, your avatar and your silly user title, I presumed you would vacation at a Butlin's of choice or maybe the Isle of Wight.

I feel massive sympathy for people negatively impacted by the sudden imposition of the restrictions. As someone working from home, I have been a little bit tempted to wait for a place to be added to the list and then take advantage of a cheap holiday there knowing it's no problem to quarantine on my return. But the offers don't seem to be too good for such a holiday.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I’m struggling to see why so many still plan overseas holidays.

We’ve just had a walking holiday on the Ridgeway and have 2 more Uk holidays planned before our next foreign trip next October - which was booked before anyone had heard of COVID.

There’s so many great places to visit in this country and many future opportunities to go further afield that it just seems like too big a risk to book anything abroad currently.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’m struggling to see why so many still plan overseas holidays.

We’ve just had a walking holiday on the Ridgeway and have 2 more Uk holidays planned before our next foreign trip next October - which was booked before anyone had heard of COVID.

There’s so many great places to visit in this country and many future opportunities to go further afield that it just seems like too big a risk to book anything abroad currently.

We went to France at the beginning of September which had been postponed from June. We went through the Tunnel, where everyone stayed in their vehicles, wearing masks, for the 35 minute journey. The area was rural, but whenever we went to the shops, supermarkets and even open markets, everyone was wearing masks. It was spotlessly clean, with lots of hand gel available, restaurants socially distanced with severs all wearing masks.
I felt safer there, than I did here. We are on day 12 of our quarantine now, so free this weekend to resume life. My other half was able to work from home so no problems with his firm.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Only if you have plans to land in uk after 4am on Saturday!!

My flight lands at 10:50am, now have to quarantine for 14 days on my return.

Nobody's checking though. Let your conscience be your guide :shrug:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I’ve had a nightmare with holidays so far this year, I was due to go to Turkey in April, obviously that got cancelled.

When things looked like getting back to normal I booked a week to Fuerteventura, for this week. I had to cancel that when they were included in the quarantine list.

So I left things to the very last minute and booked this week in Turkey, and now I have to quarantine when I get back.

Like I said earlier, I’ve had a great break, totally needed, but I understand the rules and will abide by them on my return.

That all sounds chaos!! Glad you had great break. Sounds like a big headache

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Good man. That attitude, perhaps, is why we in the south east seem less intected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here