Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Awkward or hard qestions children ask

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
So I've just got home from work and my new bike light had arrived.

I have a delightful but very inquisitive 6 year old daughter who had to open it and has spent the last 10 minutes playing with it and making shadow puppets on the wall and she has just hit me with

"What are shadows made of?"

I've just tried to explain that they're not made of anything as they are shape of whatever is blocking the light source.

Which of course she pondered for a bit and came back with.

"But thats not true because if its not made of anything then why can I see it?"

Explanations of light and how it bounces off things for us to see has confused her even more and has now asked

"what "light" is made of then and why can't we see light? Because if I look at the light from the side I cant see it."

I like to think of myself as an intelligent man but she is taking me down a very dark road and don't want to appear stupid.

What questions have your kids asked that have you completely stumped to find a good answer to?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"Why are you booing that 21 year old from Switzerland?"

You'll learn.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
"Shut up and go to your room." Is the only response you'll ever need.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
"Shut up and go to your room." Is the only response you'll ever need.

Not my style of parenting. But they really can make you think and trying to simplify an answer to 6 year old understanding can be bloody difficult.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
How do you spell questions?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dad, why is your head growing through your hair?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Why does Stephens only pass sideways and backwards? :cool:

Pssst....can you keep a secret?

Ssshhhhhh...he has gone to Burnley and doesn't play for us anymore. You don't need to worry. Ssshhhhhh.

giphy (1).gif

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
"Will you remember me when you and Mummy aren't living together any more?" was probably the toughest question I've ever faced.

Not for the answer, of course, but for the fact that it worried her enough to feel the need to ask the question.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
So I've just got home from work and my new bike light had arrived.

I have a delightful but very inquisitive 6 year old daughter who had to open it and has spent the last 10 minutes playing with it and making shadow puppets on the wall and she has just hit me with

"What are shadows made of?"

I've just tried to explain that they're not made of anything as they are shape of whatever is blocking the light source.

Which of course she pondered for a bit and came back with.

"But thats not true because if its not made of anything then why can I see it?"

Explanations of light and how it bounces off things for us to see has confused her even more and has now asked

"what "light" is made of then and why can't we see light? Because if I look at the light from the side I cant see it."

I like to think of myself as an intelligent man but she is taking me down a very dark road and don't want to appear stupid.

What questions have your kids asked that have you completely stumped to find a good answer to?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill

:lolol: cheers. Still too advanced for a 6 year old brain though I think. I'll get her to watch it tomorrow morning and then post the subsequent questions related to said video.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
My snooker loving 5 year old asked me why Paul Hunter died.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here