Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ST Direct Debits

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No, it doesn't. There's no mention at all about payments, it's Barber telling us that he's working hard to get fans back to the club. He does say that he's going to write separately about how the balloting process will work but we're yet to get that email.

I phoned the club re DDs and they told me that it's because I missed a payment in June (which on checking my statement I did). I hadn't seen that and as the club don't contact you if you miss a payment, it's been outstanding for four months.

Phoning the club is nearly always better than creating a sh**storm on here. Imagine to outpouring of grief on here if the club had chased you for a missed DD given the circumstances!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No, it doesn't. There's no mention at all about payments, it's Barber telling us that he's working hard to get fans back to the club. He does say that he's going to write separately about how the balloting process will work but we're yet to get that email.

I phoned the club re DDs and they told me that it's because I missed a payment in June (which on checking my statement I did). I hadn't seen that and as the club don't contact you if you miss a payment, it's been outstanding for four months.

There were two emails - the general one and a specific one. I did post at the time that I think a lot of people may have missed the second one >>> https://www.northstandchat.com/show...901-Ballot-Groups-for-games-in-2020-21-Season

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Maybe you're looking at a different email as mine with that subject doesn't have anything about Paul Barber. The Paul Barber email was a few days before the email I'm talking about. It is the one with the details of the balloting process and how to apply for your ballot group that has the information of when your personal DD will stop. 25 September it was delivered to my inbox. Maybe it went to your spam folder?

IMG_589AB1FB630E-1.jpeg

Last edited:

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005

Think you've got the wrong email there. Mine tells me that today I've made my last payment.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It is the one with the details of the balloting process and how to apply for your ballot group. 25 September it was delivered to my inbox. Maybe it went to your spam folder?

Yes it did. I'm not going to query how Google Mail can direct one email from the club to my folder and one to spam but I've got it now

Thanks all

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
My first payment was in May (as a new STL holder) and my email advises it stops in November (which is the 7th payment)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yeah me too. Paid the whole season in one go. Presumably that effectively means I've now paid for the entirety of next season as doesn't look like we'll back at the Amex anytime soon. Don't mind the club having this season's money inadvance of next season, but would be nice to confirm if that will be the case.

The club has made this crystal clear, your advance payment for this season is now a credit and if you win a ticket via the ballot for a game this season it is deducted from that credit. What is left of this credit is then deducted from the cost of next years ST.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
There is a lot more discussion of the DD dates on the ballot thread and for many of us it seems to be donatios that have affected the date not payment holidays. I look frward to the next email explaining it. I doubt many will be up for donation again.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It seems that because I gifted the club back last season's refund I'm going to be paying 8 direct debits for this year.

If I'd accepted the refund I'd have been making 6 payments.

It seems very, very odd.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
September was and will be my last payment according to club email to me. Nothing taken today

The same for me. The email I received 25th September was this

Direct Debit Payments

Thank you for purchasing your 2020/21 season ticket paying by Direct Debit.

In light of the current restrictions to crowds we have made the decision to stop Direct Debit payments for the 2020/21 season earlier than usual. Payments usually run monthly, with the last payment due on 1st March 2021.

However, as you have already made 6 monthly payments of 12, we will not be taking any more payments from you. In the event you do not get to see as many matches as you have paid for, the remaining balance at the end of the 2020/21 season will be taken off the cost of your 2021/22 season ticket.

Nothing was taken from my bank today,

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
The same for me. The email I received 25th September was this

Direct Debit Payments

Thank you for purchasing your 2020/21 season ticket paying by Direct Debit.

In light of the current restrictions to crowds we have made the decision to stop Direct Debit payments for the 2020/21 season earlier than usual. Payments usually run monthly, with the last payment due on 1st March 2021.

However, as you have already made 6 monthly payments of 12, we will not be taking any more payments from you. In the event you do not get to see as many matches as you have paid for, the remaining balance at the end of the 2020/21 season will be taken off the cost of your 2021/22 season ticket.

Nothing was taken from my bank today,

Ditto!

MonkeyGland

Jul 3, 2008
I did not take any payment holidays and pay by DD. I pay for both mine and my son's season ticket. I got the email to say no more payments would be collected and indeed the payment related to my season ticket was not taken today but the payment related to my sons season ticket was taken. Guess I will need to contact them

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just to add that if ever you do have a DD taken in error, you should lodge a BACS indemnity claim with your bank who will refund the money and claim it back. Refunds should not be given directly from the company.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Funds for one of my three ST was debited today - presumably because it's a new one, not a renewal. Hard to keep up, tbh.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just to add that if ever you do have a DD taken in error, you should lodge a BACS indemnity claim with your bank who will refund the money and claim it back. Refunds should not be given directly from the company.

But given the confusion or people not reading their emails, it isn't in error is it. I know you were not talking specifically about this, but it is also important people look into it - rather than just lodge claims

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
But given the confusion or people not reading their emails, it isn't in error is it. I know you were not talking specifically about this, but it is also important people look into it - rather than just lodge claims

Of course but I was referring to people asking about refunds. Whilst they can issue a refund, it is against BACS guidelines as you can get a refund and then also put in an indemnity claim.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Not quite. It's clear that many aren't clear if if their Direct Debit has been taken in error or not, for a variety of reasons. I would say ALWAYS go to the company first and clarify if a mistake has been made rather than risk messing up a legitimate Direct Debit schedule. In this instance, a fan could risk their season ticket. In other cases, they could risk legal action for non payment. Most reputable companies will make a refund without quibble if they are at fault. If not, the Direct Debit Indemnity Scheme is there as a back up.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Of course but I was referring to people asking about refunds. Whilst they can issue a refund, it is against BACS guidelines as you can get a refund and then also put in an indemnity claim.
I think the BACS guideline to which you are referring is that the service provider should not refund the customer direct in response to a Indemnity Claim. They should refund the bank making the claim to avoid both the company and the bank making the refund twice.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Not quite. It's clear that many aren't clear if if their Direct Debit has been taken in error or not, for a variety of reasons. I would say ALWAYS go to the company first and clarify if a mistake has been made rather than risk messing up a legitimate Direct Debit schedule. In this instance, a fan could risk their season ticket. In other cases, they could risk legal action for non payment. Most reputable companies will make a refund without quibble if they are at fault. If not, the Direct Debit Indemnity Scheme is there as a back up.
Edit - we are at crossed purposes. But saying a company that does not issue refunds for BACS are not reputable is very, very wrong. There is no requirement for a company to provide a refund.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here