Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ST Direct Debits

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Does anyone know when the club stops taking direct debits for season tickets? I thought last month was meant to be the last payment but I see that the direct debit has come out of my account today.

That's seven months of payments now and it looks unlikely that we're going to see any games before Christmas. I think that's taking the piss a bit

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
September was and will be my last payment according to club email to me. Nothing taken today

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
DDs came out on 1st September to the club for me, nothing showing coming out for today yet.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Does anyone know when the club stops taking direct debits for season tickets? I thought last month was meant to be the last payment but I see that the direct debit has come out of my account today.

That's seven months of payments now and it looks unlikely that we're going to see any games before Christmas. I think that's taking the piss a bit

Sounds like a mistake. I would imagine they would refund if you call them.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Mine came out today as well , I thought it was going to end sept 1st , ohh well that’s 7 payments off next seasons ticket then as we won’t be seeing any this season

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Did you take the payment holiday? If so, I think they are continuing to collect for a while longer?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I’m sure I read somewhere that they now planned to keep collecting DDs up to the November payment, so we would have paid 9 instalments, which is 75% of the season ticket cost. And that whatever is not spent this season (by winning ballot match tickets etc) will be carried over to cover the cost of your 21/22 season ticket. Suggests they need more cash in the till now, and will take most of the season ticket income hit in the 21/22 season.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I paid up front, but had nothing back for the missed Chelsea / Man Ure games.

Barber OUT.

Yeah me too. Paid the whole season in one go. Presumably that effectively means I've now paid for the entirety of next season as doesn't look like we'll back at the Amex anytime soon. Don't mind the club having this season's money inadvance of next season, but would be nice to confirm if that will be the case.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
This post from the other thread covering this topic:

I emailed the club and got this reply (I donated last season's match refunds to the club and have not taken a payment holiday) which confirms that it's not how many payments you've made but the size of your pot that counts :) :

"I can confirm that this has not been based on the number of monthly payments having been made but instead we have to ensure that the total amount paid equates to the equivalent of 12 matches. Therefore for the supporters who transferred their balance for the last 5 remaining games of last season and who didn't take a payment holiday then their payments will now be frozen.
Once your total amount paid equates to the 12 matches on your season ticket we shall then freeze further payments. For you, this will be from November.
"

I think I understand...

Explains it's not the number of payments but the total amount paid. The email the club sent out last week with the subject "Important update for season ticket-holders" will tell you when your last payment is due.

SuperBrighton

Apr 18, 2012
Hove
I took the payment holiday and an email from the club dated 25/09/20 states my final payment will be taken 1st November. Assume this will be the same for others who have had a payment taken today - so one more to go.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
the cub has stated if you paid in full-no refund this season-instead it counts for next season

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
So next season our ST will basically be free?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Explains it's not the number of payments but the total amount paid. The email the club sent out last week with the subject "Important update for season ticket-holders" will tell you when your last payment is due.

No, it doesn't. There's no mention at all about payments, it's Barber telling us that he's working hard to get fans back to the club. He does say that he's going to write separately about how the balloting process will work but we're yet to get that email.

I phoned the club re DDs and they told me that it's because I missed a payment in June (which on checking my statement I did). I hadn't seen that and as the club don't contact you if you miss a payment, it's been outstanding for four months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here