Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ascension Islands Asylum centre location.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
looking at the Geographical location of the island its quite close to Africa so a quicker journey back home for a lot of them , nothing worse suffering from jet lag ?
regards
DF

Please study the image below.
Then take a look at the map again.

You have not been charged for this information. You have however, yet again, been shown up as an ignorant racist.

Screenshot_2020-09-30 How many people do we grant asylum or protection to .png

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Please study the image below.
Then take a look at the map again.

You have not been charged for this information. You have however, yet again, been shown up as an ignorant racist.

View attachment 128918

Good chart that, interesting that the two highest GR’s are AS’s from the African Continent.

I’m surprised there aren’t more AS’s from Sudan & Eritrea with a better than 88% chance of being accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Good chart that, interesting that the two highest GR’s are AS’s from the African Continent.

I’m surprised there aren’t more AS’s from Sudan & Eritrea with a better than 88% chance of being accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

High GRs are not that surprising I guess, when you consider what is going on in those countries. To claim asylum you first need the means to get out and to get to the UK. I suspect the reason there aren't more AS's from Eritrea and Sudan is simply that very few people in those countries have that option. But that's just an assumption.

Anyway, my point was a basic geographical one. Even Eritrea and Sudan, while on the African Continent, are probably as close, or closer, to the UK than to Ascension Island!

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
St Helena was also considered. Can't be too bad a destination, after all it was suitable for Napoleon.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Priti Patel in "being a complete and utter ****" non shocker.

Not only is she pure evil, she's so thick she can barely string a sentence together.

This is the Home Secretary ladies and gentleman.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Don’t confuse asylum seekers with criminals . The highest number of asylum seekers come currently from Iran which is not a very pleasant country to live in especially if you are not down with strict Islamic law . Most Iranian people I have met have been cultured, educated and hard working . It’s not their fault their country is run by ultra religious extremists . I don’t think you will find the Prison population is awash with Iranians .

Last edited:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
What you sayin?

Granted she’s not the brightest Home Secretary we have ever had , however to say she is pure evil is ridiculous and rather silly . She is trying to come across as tough which is what the vast majority of voters want to see but often with her it backfires .

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Granted she’s not the brightest Home Secretary we have ever had , however to say she is pure evil is ridiculous and rather silly . She is trying to come across as tough which is what the vast majority of voters want to see but often with her it backfires .
I take it you've never seen the Question Time clip where Ian Hislop DESTROYS her argument in favour of capital punishment?

Anyone who attempts to argue that murdering innocent people is OK is not only very stupid, but also evil.

I don't care if it's all a show to try to look hard. She has history for promoting very dangerous and divisive policies. Add in the bullying rumours, the being sacked for lying etc, she's "nasty piece of work".

And yes, I do resent being called "silly" for pointing out an obvious fact. But you're entitled to your completely incorrect opinion.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
I think all she is doing is basically making coming here less appealing. Something has to be done. I think all Holiday Inn hotels are full with migrants. They're not refugees, they lose that title the moment they fail to stop in a safe country and getting from the Middle East they pass through plenty of safe havens.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I think all Holiday Inn hotels are full with migrants.

You think?

They seem to still have a lot of availability across the UK when I checked.

We all get things wrong sometimes, and that's fine. But please don't just say made up sh*t that feeds into (comes from?) far right propaganda.

This kind of stuff can have a big influence on the lives of a lot of vulnerable people.

Also:
refugess.jpg

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I think all she is doing is basically making coming here less appealing. Something has to be done. I think all Holiday Inn hotels are full with migrants. They're not refugees, they lose that title the moment they fail to stop in a safe country and getting from the Middle East they pass through plenty of safe havens.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
Please stop posting lies. You could easily have checked that rubbish before writing it. Took me ten seconds to see that there are LOADS of free rooms in Holiday Inns all over the country.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Don’t confuse asylum seekers with criminals . The highest number of asylum seekers come currently from Iran which is not a very pleasant country to live in especially if you are not down with strict Islamic law . Most Iranian people I have met have been cultured, educated and hard working . It’s not their fault their country is run by ultra religious extremists . I don’t think you will find the Prison population is awash with Iranians .

Thankfully someone said it

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Back before I was married or had kids I wanted to move to Ascension Island as the place caught my imagination. Was nearly impossible to get permission to live there.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
You think?

They seem to still have a lot of availability across the UK when I checked.

We all get things wrong sometimes, and that's fine. But please don't just say made up sh*t that feeds into (comes from?) far right propaganda.

This kind of stuff can have a big influence on the lives of a lot of vulnerable people.

Also:
View attachment 128922

We have become a rather nasty little nation of racists and xenophobia under a government with its clear focus on a facist dictatorship. Sad

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
'Looked at' - saw on a map it was half way round the world and thought 'nah'.

Typical media bollocks stiring up shite...........

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We have become a rather nasty little nation of racists and xenophobia under a government with its clear focus on a facist dictatorship. Sad

Bit extreme. Ironically...

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Isn't the runway broke at Ascension Island? Which would suggest it has been thought through as much as any other policy this government dreams up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here