Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Teams in the Premier you like

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Will be unpopular on here, but i live closely to and work quite a bit at Old Trafford and it has this certain feel about the place. Proper ground, loads of history and right in the middle of the community. Met Fergie last year too when he opened my partners new office. One of the other girls that works there saw him in town and jokingly asked if he would be up for opening their new office the next day. He said yeah why not and turned up, hung around for a few hours and seened pleasant. Had time for everybody and got absolutely nothing out of it. Randomly brought his mate Colin with him who after doing a bit of digging turned out to be an ex-Man City player.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
None. Pretty neutral towards BHA as the local side and Fulham as they are fairly in offensive.

Hate Woolwich, Chelsea and Liverpool.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I often dislike particular people more than a club so for me Mourinho can do one and therefore any club he ruins/runs

I dislike the usual pantomime villains so over the years have hatred man u (Kean) Chelsea (Terry) and anyone Carroll has played for.

I don't like teams that have bought a trophy although strangely quite like Liverpool even through I fight it.

Media bias,

sense of entitlement

anyone that beats us

Even some sponsors annoy me

so basically all of the other teams........

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I often dislike particular people more than a club so for me Mourinho can do one and therefore any club he ruins/runs

I dislike the usual pantomime villains so over the years have hatred man u (Kean) Chelsea (Terry) and anyone Carroll has played for.

I don't like teams that have bought a trophy although strangely quite like Liverpool even through I fight it.

Media bias,

sense of entitlement

anyone that beats us

Even some sponsors annoy me

so basically all of the other teams........

I know what you mean... They are giving young players a chance, Klopp is a great manager/person and they are not City/Chelsea in terms of buying the whole ****ing world, so they are x times more likeable than the other top sides. I find it very hard to dislike them.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Nah, have you forgot 30th Nov 1996 I am sure as part of our struggle fans marched to the ground and possibly Downing street earlier before kick off, we lost 2-0 and their fans booed us and taunted our fans the whole game, and there were scuffles in and around the ground. So for that reason they can do one.
I cant recall any trouble that day, apart from a bit of jovial banter. Remember marching through the streets though, just ovet 1000 of us if my memory seves me right. Anyone have any paper clippings reports on the event?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I used to like quite a few, but I think it's true that the more you play teams and have controversial moments against them, and the more you interact with some of their arrogant fans (a minority, but all clubs have them), the more you come to dislike them.

To the question, I don't mind Villa because my best friend is a fan, I have always had a soft spot for United because I lived in Manchester during the treble winning season and there was such an exciting buzz around the place, and I have like Newcastle since the Keegan years but that has faded. I like that Wolves and Leicester are challenging the status quo (and liked Leeds under O'Leary for that reason) and always yearn for a team to do that who hasn't been obviously, suddenly and dramatically bank rolled by oligarchs a la City. And Arsenal have never rubbed me up the wrong way.

A lot comes down to the manager, I can respect a good manager over achieving and I have probably never disliked Palace as little as I do now, primarily because Roy is one of the good guys.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I dislike the petrostate/russian oligarch sportswashing teams, and those with very arrogant fans like Villa and Leeds.

The rest are all ok.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I often dislike particular people more than a club .

This is me I think.. I have enjoyed Liverpool in the past, but struggle with Klopp right now. Villa have previously been inoffensive to me, but don't "like" Grealish . Likewise Chelsea.. didn't mind them in the past, but Lampard I struggle to "like" as a manager. Leeds I don't like, but that's a "Fan" thing. I quite like Sheffield United at the moment, but disliked them under Warnock.. West Ham under Moyes/Gold/Sulivan etc I don't like, but loved watching them years ago with Brooking/Devonshire/Bonds etc. I like Wolves.. nothing has ever really made me dislike them ( I don't think)

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
I know what you mean... They are giving young players a chance, Klopp is a great manager/person and they are not City/Chelsea in terms of buying the whole ****ing world, so they are x times more likeable than the other top sides. I find it very hard to dislike them.

Plucky little Liverpool? IMG_1625.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not in the PL but I keep an eye out for Swansea’s results, mainly because of geographical reasons and some of my friends here in Wales support them. The other half of my friends follow Cardiff but I can’t really take to that club, it’s a bit grubby.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I like Wolves.. nothing has ever really made me dislike them ( I don't think)

I've always sort of liked Wolves as they had a wonderful Shiny sticker in my Panini album as a kid. - must have been '81-82

Also a club that has fought in every league so can identify with them

might go on ebay see if I can find that shiny...........Its there!!! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Panini-F...=2919275013972e5ecb449c2344a3857e5afc0dc43727

.....not as good as I remember - perhaps they are ***** after all............

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Don’t have time for any of them, they are all our foes. Prefer our closest rivals in the table to drop points which is a fluid thing but that’s about it. :albion2:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For me the main test is how entitled do the fans feel, their sense of hubris. I like Wolves and Everton for the same reasons I dislike Leeds.

All 3 clubs have been the best team in the land at one time or another, yet Leeds behave as though they should be in the Top 6 year in, year out. Why is this? You didn't get Wolves fans giving it the big one 10-15 years ago, even though they dominated English football in the mid/late 50s into the early 60s. They even won a League Cup after Leeds' period of dominance had long since subsided.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Dislike:
Palace
Villa
Leeds
Penchester United
Southampton
Burnley
Sheffield United

Meh:
Arsenal