Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Teams in the Premier you like

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think I have a story/memory to remind me of why I don’t like any team in the Premier other than Brighton and a tolerance of Fulham...... although I want them to go down. I really can’t abide anyone else.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
For me it's based on my mates and who they like. I sort of extend my feelings of the people to the clubs. I've got less of an issue with most of the bigger clubs as until recently we just weren't playing them, so there was no reason not to look at them and think 'Ahh I hope they win this weekend for Ben's sake'. I don't hate the big 6 just because they've bought their success, that's always been true, in all sport. It's just got excessive.

I guess this is a long-winded way of saying I hate Palace. And Leeds.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I like Fulham being in the same division as us. Lovely ground/location and a decent club.

Nah, have you forgot 30th Nov 1996 I am sure as part of our struggle fans marched to the ground and possibly Downing street earlier before kick off, we lost 2-0 and their fans booed us and taunted our fans the whole game, and there were scuffles in and around the ground. So for that reason they can do one.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
None. Genuinely. There are some I am ambivalent to, like Everton, West Brom, Wolves, and others I really dislike, but none that I like.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
West Ham and Newcastle I don't mind wouldn't say I like them. Family from Newcastle and a few friends who support west ham and since coming up we've done okay against both. Fulham are okay I guess. I think when two teams play each other I do tend to lean towards the side who's players I prefer. However, everyone in this league is a rival and sometimes you have to back a team you despise for 90 minutes such as the Palace vs Cardiff game a few seasons ago.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Many moons ago when I lived in Canada pretty much the only football on the tv was motd. Of course Brighton weren't on it but I used to watch most weeks. My kids knew better than to ask which team I wanted to win a particular game.....they would ask me which team we least wanted to lose.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Teams or clubs? I like Everton as a club because of all the people I've met who work for them, although I have no thoughts about the present team. I used to like Martin O'Neill's Leicester team, but have no feelings about them as a club at all.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
None is the correct and only answer.

When watching on the tellybox I will root for any team whose victory will damage an opposition who are a direct threat to The Albion (in recent years, all the relegation candidates).

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I more find myself wanting certain teams to fail due to people I know and dislike than teams I like because of people I know and like.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
When we were at our lowest times/years I did sometimes want some quality football, weighed up the options and once or twice a season went to Highbury. Did not stop me singing against Arsenal when they visited us in the FA Cup mind. I am Brighton through and through.

Currently am quite appreciative of the quality of football that both Liverpool and Man City are playing, and I think Klopp is a breath of fresh air for the PL. Doesn’t stop me really disliking most Liverpool fans that I meet mind.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don’t like Sheffield Utd because Nick Turner of The Clifton pub fame had his jacket slashed with a Stanley knife whilst scuffling at the bottom of the steps at Hove Station. So they can do one.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Feck all of them. I used to have a thing for Wengerian era Arsenal, Charlton and Villa (O'Neill years) but right now I have no positive feelings for any non-Brighton team, though there's a few ones I dont really mind (Wolves, Saints, Fulham, Sheffield).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nah, have you forgot 30th Nov 1996 I am sure as part of our struggle fans marched to the ground and possibly Downing street earlier before kick off, we lost 2-0 and their fans booed us and taunted our fans the whole game, and there were scuffles in and around the ground. So for that reason they can do one.

When you say "their fans" you are referring to about 40 fat mongs in the main stand to our right. Nobody else really. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here