Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Villa

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
100% record in the league and just signed Ross Barclay.

Maybe not a relegation rival after all

Signing england international in their peak. Will do well for them

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Villa and Leeds seem to be the only lesser clubs that are spending freely.
Don`t expect either to be involved in relegation battle.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
They were always going to strengthen this season, and their team started to gel towards the end of last season. Thats why i wanted them to go down rather than Bournemouth

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Villa and Leeds seem to be the only lesser clubs that are spending freely.
Don`t expect either to be involved in relegation battle.

And to finish your sentence "until the go into administration and gets a points deduction" ...

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I like Villa and think they have recruited well. They will be safe.

I think that the relegation battle will mainly involve Fulham, WBA and Sheff United this season.

I don't think we will be too far behind Leeds and Villa.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Well Villa needed to sign people after they almost weren't good enough last season. But having done that I don't know many people who think they are a serious candidate for relegation this year, once they were able to keep Grealish.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Nicely put, We do like a happy ending on NSC :lolol:

According to most on here they'll take a "happy ending" anywhere, not just on NSC!!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
This is why I was surprised folks here weren’t bothered if they went down last season.

They were always going to splash the cash. And even if many buys are duds, they’ll start getting it right by luck rather than judgement sooner or later.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Doesn't change the fact their manager is still Championship at best.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
How good a signing Barclay will be remains to be seen...good for a cameo...but a reliable performer? I’d question that ...be interesting to see where they fit him in

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Barkley and Grealish in the same team ???

Good players, but similar position and style, would be difficult to get them in the same team surely? How are Villa able to spend so much? I just don’t understand how it makes any financial sense, I thought their spending last year was insane but with current circumstances, just how can they afford it and stay within their means?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Are there special rules about FFP and squad size for them?

They seem to sign a couple of players every week and have unlimited sums for transfers and wages.

I guess they have to be in the PL for 3 years in the PL for the rules to come in but what about their losses in the championship, are they written off?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

A real signing of interest. My fantasy team will be flying now as i was banking on him moving. I cant see keepers saving much against him. Good to see it was a loan though. I would say that signing builds them a solid base. Rate him as a player. I assume they did a fitness cheque or they will want to send him bacs right away.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020

They've played a ten man sheffield united and Fulham who are probably the worst team in the league. They've recruited well and already have a decent side. I expect them to stay up but also wouldn't be surprised if they got dragged into it.

I'd still say we have a better team than them and should finish above them again despite not having the luxury of being able to splash millions on whoever we want like they can.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
I like Villa and think they have recruited well. They will be safe.

I think that the relegation battle will mainly involve Fulham, WBA and Sheff United this season.

I don't think we will be too far behind Leeds and Villa.

I think there's a good chance we'll be ahead of Leeds and Villa.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
A real signing of interest. My fantasy team will be flying now as i was banking on him moving. I cant see keepers saving much against him. Good to see it was a loan though. I would say that signing builds them a solid base. Rate him as a player. I assume they did a fitness cheque or they will want to send him bacs right away.

Surely the FFP bods would be all over that ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here