Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Johnson's Brexit - BRINO, or No deal

What will Johnson do ?

• Total voters

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The only small piece of happiness I get from Brexit is that you are going to be absolutely ****ed.
He'll be fine. The early starts to go potato digging in order to qualify for his benefits will soon knock the gloating out of him and be positively character building.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
And with the lockdown now in place, we have 18 working days left to get the tarmac down, the infrastructure in, the systems built and tested, and the staff recruited and trained for 'no deal'. I can't imagine what will happen :lolol:

Tick tock

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
And with the lockdown now in place, we have 18 working days left to get the tarmac down, the infrastructure in, the systems built and tested, and the staff recruited and trained for 'no deal'. I can't imagine what will happen :lolol:

Tick tock

now, now. Credit where credit's due they have concreted half of Kent over and made it the world's biggest lorry park. Cut them a bit of slack....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
now, now. Credit where credit's due they have concreted half of Kent over and made it the world's biggest lorry park. Cut them a bit of slack....

Sorry to be pedantic, but they have bought in laws to allow them to concrete over Kent.

It appears that, a little like teenage sex, Brexit is all talk, very little action :wink:

Jan 30, 2008

Tick tock

Have you got over your hissy fit from last night :bigwave:
Taking back control
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
What a cracking day for laying a shed load of tarmac, plus with the added advantage of the construction industry not being affected by the month long lockdown it's full steam ahead !
Regards
DF

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

It's almost as if we need lorry parks, infrastructure, systems, staff and new procedures for Brexit. Who knew ?

Oh ...

0_Mystic-Meg-TV-Astrologer-National-Lottery.jpg

Procedures for the NI/Ireland Border
Infrastructure for the NI/Ireland Border
The new Lorry Parks at all ports
The infrastructure, design, building and testing of the new IT systems to run the new rules
The recruitment and training of the new staff to run the new systems/rules etc

Apparently she did nearly 3 years ago. If only she had mentioned it back then :lolol:

Tick tock

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Which is why he'll fold and go BRINO. As each day passes without any tarmac being laid, any staff recruited, any IT infrastructure or systems delivered, it becomes more and more obvious.

Obviously not to a large number of our Brexit supporting friends on NSC, but to the EU negotiators, it does :shootself

I wonder when Boris is going to announce he has folded and negotiated BRINO (members of the single market and members of the EU customs union) for when then transition ends and our new relationship.

He is leaving it a bit late, still a few hours to go though for your prediction to be sprung out of the blue.

TICK TOCK

I guess if he doesnt come up with BRINO by 11pm you at least have no deal or extend the transition period as back up predictions on here.

Phew

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I wonder when Boris is going to announce he has folded and negotiated BRINO (members of the single market and members of the EU customs union) for when then transition ends and our new relationship.

He is leaving it a bit late, still a few hours to go though for your prediction to be sprung out of the blue.

TICK TOCK

I guess if he doesnt come up with BRINO by 11pm you at least have no deal or extend the transition period as back up predictions on here.

Phew
After predicting Brexit wouldn't happen, then predicting BRINO the mystic one finished off with predicting and wanting a no deal outcome ... its this stunning foresight and analysis that leaves us all in awe, hanging on his every pronouncement! [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm gonna go with the 4th option, he will ultimately capitulate on the main things like State Aid as we are painted into a corner. A thin deal will be achieved and Johnson will claim victory, the reality will be significant economic harm and that will be buried under Covid second wave

Talks and negotiation with the EU will be never ending, just like Switzerland. Hopefully something to build on

Think full BRINO won't happen, though I think this isn't impossible as Johnson can U-turn on anything if he thinks it will save his skin

More or less what we have....

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

TICK TOCK

Phew

Maybe the same time the German car industry rock up

Jan 30, 2008

TICK TOCK

Phew

Absolutely priceless
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
Ever since Johnson got elected as Conservative leader, I had thought he would go 'No Deal', and I taken the precautions I thought appropriate, and accepted and prepared for 'No Deal'. I also thought that the one advantage of all this was that at least the Brexit supporters would get to see the maximum possible benefits of Brexit ???

However, here we are again, 3 months away from 'No deal' with a strange feeling of déjà vu. For all the rhetoric, waffle and general Gammonism*, there still hasn't been a square foot of tarmac laid at any of the lorry parks, no staff recruited to deal with the new procedures, and the system that the distribution industry is expected to use is not going to be available until January. Even I am beginning to wonder if he's going to do a last minute U-turn and take BRINO, and the associated complete meltdown from the various factions within his own party.

Now, even by Johnson's standards, he has managed to manoeuvre himself into what could only be called an 'interesting' situation.

So which does he do

F*** the country over by going 'No deal' with no real preparations
F*** the Conservative party over by U-turning and going BRINO

and I suppose there is a third option

F*** everyone over and accept an extension to membership (probably least likely, but definitely funniest and least harm done :lolol:)

So which do you think it will be ?

*as per Dickens definition of Mr. Gregsbury - Using Faux Patriotism to try to cover a complete lack of understanding of political situations.

:bowdown:
Regards
DF

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here