Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Skysports Transfer Centre

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Have you developed a crack habit recently Noo? You used to generally post sensible stuff but a lot of your recent posts have been nothing short of "batshit mentalist" material.

Hope you're ok. Maybe it's just lockdown syndrome? [emoji106]

What makes you think it won't happen and i will tell you why it might happen ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For my sins, watching SSN’s daily transfer round up.

Deja vu, wall to wall Manure, their favourite club.

:wanker:Dharmesh gives a steely look to the camera to discuss Sancho, following by a deja vu discussion on the same old alternative names “We understand that .... “.

Waffling at its most drawn out worst.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s a funny programme tonight.

There’s no news on Sancho but they won’t admit it, so all the SSN presenters (no pundits) have just ventured their personal and barbed annoyance that Dortmund won’t sell him. Their angry argument is that “€80m + €20m in future add ons is an awful lot of money in this climate”.

That’s a climate where Leeds, Villa, ManC and Everton are spending like it’s going out of fashion.

They’ve really got the knock with Dortmund. MANUTV’s second channel, so biased.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Tonight’s comedy.

The arrogantly wnkish duo of Dharmesh and Solkehol have a taken a big knock with Dortmund not caving in on Sancho.

So they’re covering all options with “Sky Sports understands that a move for Watford’s Sarr is fast emerging .....”, with exactly the same said for Barca’s Dembele. They’ve been regurgitating the same stories for a fortnight.

Giving the distinct impression that they know no more than the average punter.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Unfortunately, SSN is still seen as an all seeing oracle by a lot of fans.
During the endless Ben White saga I had Dirty Leeds fans insisting time and time again that he was moving there “ because Sky Sports News says so”
I tried to tell them that SSN don’t do scoops anymore, they just regurgitate Twitter, MSM and Facebook rumours, and then comment on them as if they are gospel.

Jimmy Grimble

Find it strange that people watch it, and staggering that they actually might enjoy it and/or believe what’s on it.

Epitomises so much that is wrong with modern football.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Find it strange that people watch it, and staggering that they actually might enjoy it and/or believe what’s on it.

Modern life not just football

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

I've switched it on in hope of a surprise maybe half a dozen times this window. They piled all their resources in to Messi fiction then moved on to Sancho fiction for the remainder. They could make an interesting show if they broadened their outlook beyond the Top Six and actually did some research. Instead, I turn it on, give it 10 minutes, then give up because frankly, it's pitiful.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
The transfer window is 95% entertainment at this point.

Like watching TV shows on the existence of Aliens (or whatever floats your boat).

It's about imagining or dreaming about what could be.

An escape from reality. Momentary excitement, desire or hope for the future.

That's what Sky and the rest of the media trade in. That's what they sell.

The truth has very little part in it.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
The transfer window is 95% entertainment at this point.

Like watching TV shows on the existence of Aliens (or whatever floats your boat).

It's about imagining or dreaming about what could be.

An escape from reality. Momentary excitement, desire or hope for the future.

That's what Sky and the rest of the media trade in. That's what they sell.

The truth has very little part in it.

Guessing you haven't seen it since the days of Jim White and Harry Redknapp because there's naff all entertainment, escape, desire or hope these days.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've switched it on in hope of a surprise maybe half a dozen times this window. They piled all their resources in to Messi fiction then moved on to Sancho fiction for the remainder. They could make an interesting show if they broadened their outlook beyond the Top Six and actually did some research. Instead, I turn it on, give it 10 minutes, then give up because frankly, it's pitiful.

Imho it’s worse than that, they seem to exist for ManC and ManU hyperbole, reporters camped out on the continent just for them. With a bit on Spurs, Everton, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Do you still think it might happen?

Probably not.

I just got tempted because City were very close to signing someone. A forward and at the last minute they pulled out citing no reason for pulling out whatsoever. So I thought to myself. "Oh I wonder if they think they can get the deal for Messi done"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here