Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Happy Birthday Sir Norman Gall

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Was playing with John Napier at the back when I first started going.

I’ve just read up on him and they say he was 5ft 9in tall. He seemed much taller than that. That is small for a centre half even in those days .

Last edited:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

I’ve just read up on him and they say he was 5ft 9in tall. He seemed much taller than that. That is small for a centre half even in those days .

He's taller than that Cyanide.

My favourite Norm memory on the road was when our driver to Ipswich was a young lad with a Salvation Army background, didn't drink, didn't swear etc, I had warned him that Norm was from a different generation, but in the short journey between Rectory Road and the Findon Roundabout, every boundary had been crossed. The lad came back from Suffolk with a different perspective of life.

World of Sport

Mar 9, 2007
WSU
Has he done a biography?
Would love to read it and he's time with Cloughie. My favourite years were when Big Norm was playing, spoke to him recently he looked about 48!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Happy Birthday Sir,

Marc Bolan was also a 30th September Birthday Boy, as is one of my neighbors who is 88 today.

Ohh and Tariq Lamptey of course

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Had a long chat a few months back with Sir Norm when we dropped our cars off at the Garage and were waiting for our pick ups, which were both late. A lovely gentleman, very friendly and chatty, didn't recognise him at first.

Happy Birthday :bowdown:

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Also had the pleasure of Sir Norman’s company on a few Lenny Ryder minibus away days.

My first game was Sir Norman’s and Brian Powney's testimonial.

Hope things are good with you Mr Ryder

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta

He wasn't/isn't very tall for a centre half, but he was damned good in the air.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I am more interested in what Questions has done to deserve being called cyanide.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I am more interested in what Questions has done to deserve being called cyanide.

My old nickname from the early 80’s. Cyanide Sid. I can’t divulge any more than that.
It’s classed as a cold case nowadays.

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford

He did look tall but when you're knee high to a grasshopper everyone looked tall!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Has he done a biography?
Would love to read it and he's time with Cloughie. My favourite years were when Big Norm was playing, spoke to him recently he looked about 48!

He gets a fair bit of coverage in Spencer Vignes’s terrific book ‘Bloody Southerners’

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here