Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
23 next Birthday, he's not going to make it at PL level, he'd need to be further down the road than he is......

Sure he'll have a decent enough career at a different level or lesser league, but let's be real, he looked completely out of his depth against the likes of Man U.

No Shame in that, but not a solution for us in the PL. We're 2 front line strikers only right now

That is honest tbf. I guess he’s the best of the young ones so he’s still here. We’ve done quite well gettiing Connolly to where he is. It’s hard bringing through good young strikers. ......... We only do centre backs.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Except, Potter looked seriously p’d off with the goals conceded or events leading up to them. Not seen that before with him.

Not the usual philosophical, many positives to take from that. There weren’t really, other than Trossard and Jahanbakhsh were good. Several first teamers such as Dunk, Burn, White played poorly. Defensive work awful, sterile at attacking set pieces.

I’d love to be party to Ashworth/Potter discussions tomorrow.

(I got the 0-3 correct too)

Well, obviously I wanted us to win....

Yes I saw that and was pleased (Potter being annoyed). I don't regard him as stoic, certainly if best laid plans etc.

On another tack, I thought he looked a bit too happy when AliJ got injured and had to go off ....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If it wasn't bad enough risking injuries to Dunk and White, GP brought on Maupay and then Trossard. Madness. Shows what I think of this cup competition. Saying that, the 3 games have given insights in to strengths/weaknesses of the second streamers. The likes of Molumby and Sanders were impressive. Bernardo, my word.

We are in the Big Boys league now.

Baby face (what?) Olly brought on Pogba and Rashford. Utter madness?

No. They are footballers, fit young men.

I'd be astonished if little Leo and Neal aren't in the starting 11 at the weekend and are, instead, doing Vicente impersonations.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Only one poster who hates the cups.

Most people wanted a competitive team this evening.

No problems with the selection, the quality was lacking at both ends...... And the bigger worry is just how vunerable at the back we looked.

Set pieces at both ends are very poor.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I meant they didn’t need to. They didn’t.

Won’t ever know. We were well on top for first half of second half and back end of first half.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Quite, but equally people are entitled to respond.

It’s hardly gate keeping. This is a discussion forum. If you say something here, people are allowed to reply (and most likely will).

Except you Vagabond. You have to just take it. :p :laugh:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Gyorkeres is not good enough, yet, comma imo :shrug:

And no one can say his name. Every time I try, I emit a word that sounds something between a combination of groin & strain, pronounced by a Wookiee.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Any idea why the third goal has been given to Pogba?

It was going wide until Veltman deflected it in.
I don't really care who it was given to but the commentators were going mad on how brilliant Pogba is when it was going 5 yds wide. No idea.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I don't really care who it was given to but the commentators were going mad on how brilliant Pogba is when it was going 5 yds wide. No idea.

Thought it was quite amusing how he was celebrating like he'd scored a worldie.

Then everyone looked at the replay, oh!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Hey, people, calm the **** down. It was a makeshift team in a cup. Who actually gives a shit!?
The biggest thing this evening were the injuries to the three everton players.

I’ll bite. Lots do, inc.me because I’d like to see us win a major trophy one day. We blew the championship, came within a whisker at Wembley in 83 and so the cupboard remains bare. Imagine it happening in our lifetimes, the first to see one in 119 years history so far. Be amazing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here