Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Presidential Debate - Trump v Biden

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't know if anyone has already made this point, so apologies if I'm treading on someone else's toes:-

The Presidential debate is what it is and just needs to left on the Barnham & Bailey channel.

Whereas the vice presidents debate is actually the one to watch and pay attention too.
That's the one that will be shaping America and where any undecideds may well make up their minds.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
This will be the most corrupted elections ever. Peoples votes been thrown away, destroyed, stolen.

Ballot harvesting will see a lot of fraudulent votes.

OK Donald. We heard you the first time. And it's still bollocks.

'Most corrupted elections ever'. You reckon?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Great watch. The US badly needs a system change.

A system where you only have two choices is a corrupt system.
I agree, but we in the UK are in no position to judge the US system. It is worse than ours in some ways, but better in others.

From where I'm sitting as a disenfranchised voter, our system is even worse. Having an unelected upper chamber is bad enough, but the FPTP system in the commons means that the two main parties will forever have a duopoly on power, however incompetent and corrupt they may be. As such, our "democracy" is wholly unrepresentative, and unduly influenced by a media 71% owned by 6 billionaires, half of whom aren't even British.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
OK Donald. We heard you the first time. And it's still bollocks.

'Most corrupted elections ever'. You reckon?

Why couldn't it be?

Look at the lengths each party has gone to to bring the other down. They are literally deranged with their hatred of each other. It's an election where there will be more postal votes than ever before.

Nothing could surely go wrong with that many votes floating around.

It's funny how you link everything back to Trump even when presented with a politician from the other side expressing their concerns. Maybe you're one of the deranged ones.

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I agree, but we in the UK are in no position to judge the US system. It is worse than ours in some ways, but better in others.

From where I'm sitting as a disenfranchised voter, our system is even worse. Having an unelected upper chamber is bad enough, but the FPTP system in the commons means that the two main parties will forever have a duopoly on power, however incompetent and corrupt they may be. As such, our "democracy" is wholly unrepresentative, and unduly influenced by a media 71% owned by 6 billionaires, half of whom aren't even British.

Sounds like the UK could do with a senate system.

The senate here isn't perfect but it does allow for smaller parties to gain representation and then work as a voting block in the senate to at times to block the major parties from riding roughshod over certain things.

While we are represented by shit politicians still we at least can cast a senate vote to one of many small parties who are more aligned with people's views outside of the main stream parties.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1311584308709253121[/tweet]

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

From where I'm sitting as a disenfranchised voter, our system is even worse. Having an unelected upper chamber is bad enough, but the FPTP system in the commons means that the two main parties will forever have a duopoly on power, however incompetent and corrupt they may be. As such, our "democracy" is wholly unrepresentative, and unduly influenced by a media 71% owned by 6 billionaires, half of whom aren't even British.[/QU,

FPTP works well for me. Candidate who gets most votes in his constituency becomes the MP for said constituency.

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019
The richest people are all Democrats. Got ya finger on the pulse of things there. Democrat Party is the party of the the rich elites in 2020.

There's many single issue things people could vote for Trump over Biden. Just as Biden has single issue things people might vote for him.

People often vote on single issues that are important to them.

If you want the US to scale back it's foreign military presence and bring home troops who will you vote for?

I've lurked on this forum for quite some time, but never really posted until now. I've always marveled at how wrong you always are. I live in America, so yeah, I have my finger on the pulse here.

Also: https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallm...n-as-it-did-in-2018-infographic/#4a55a92b2fae

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A shocker, Sleepy Joe 0-0 The Don

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here