Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football's meteorite moment - how many clubs are heading for extinction?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
fixtures
not candid, its presumptive, flawed nonsense.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I thought this was going to be about Ulloa's penalty landing

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
so, asides the noise, what could be done, and, what should be done

Like so much, nothing probably. Not sure NSC is the place it would start anyway! :p

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don't hold with the idea that we can't entertain two ideas at once. We can surely discuss the plight of smaller clubs AND discuss the new handball rules.

The Premier League has received so much at the expensive of the other 72 clubs.

Personally, I hope that now we are in such a privileged position we do not pull up the ladder. I would like to see us help out. I would more like to see all Premier league teams and players share a small part of their riches to support those in trouble.

I won't hold my breath if as expected not much happens then I think that we need to retire the phrase 'football family' and cede that any idea of unity across clubs has finally breathed its last.

Last edited:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I don't hold with the idea that we can't entertain two ideas at once. We can surely discuss the plight of smaller clubs AND discuss the new handball rules.

The Premier League has received so much at the expensive of the other 72 clubs.

Personally, I hope that now we are in such a privileged position we do not pull up the ladder. I would like to see us help out. I would more like to see all Premier league teams and players share a small part of their riches to support those in trouble.

I won't hold my breath if as expected not much happens then I think that we need to retire the phrase 'football family' and cede that any idea of unity across clubs has finally breathed its last.

Exactly. The new handball rule is one more thing that is spoiling football for a lot of people. Wanting it changed doesn't mean you don't care about small clubs going to the wall.

Personally I think rich Premier League clubs should adopt a couple of small clubs in their local area and look after them, maybe send them some loan players and eventually take them under their wings as feeder clubs. I vote for P*rtsm**th as our pet small club. That would annoy the #twats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here