Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Macclesfield Town expelled from National League

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Macclesfield Town have been expelled from the National League, 13 days after they were wound up by the High Court.

On 16 September, the Insolvency and Companies Court was told the Silkmen owed debts of more than £500,000.

Having initially been founded as Macclesfield in 1874, the club were reformed in their current guise - Macclesfield Town FC - in 1946 following the end of World War Two."

Bad mismanagement? Or the result of Covid?

Either way, it's painful to see another team fold

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
£500,000 is nothing compared to the wages the top Prem players earn. It's all very sobering.

£500,000 is nothing compared to the wages the top Prem players earn. It's all very sobering.

Yaah amazing to think that probably less than the collective weekly wages of the albion first team or One ManCity reserver :)

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Very sad I wonder when this is all over what clubs and even leagues are left unless some urgent financial assistance is forthcoming

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Sobering isn't the word I'd use, sad anjust and disproportionate maybe. Sure Phoenix do rise from Ashes ( to coin a phrase ) but that doesnt make it right, too much in a small corner and not enough for most to even survive let alone prosper. A scenario which will hit many ordinary people hard very soon I fear

el punal

Macclesfield Town have been expelled from the National League, 13 days after they were wound up by the High Court.

On 16 September, the Insolvency and Companies Court was told the Silkmen owed debts of more than £500,000.

Having initially been founded as Macclesfield in 1874, the club were reformed in their current guise - Macclesfield Town FC - in 1946 following the end of World War Two."

Bad mismanagement? Or the result of Covid?

Either way, it's painful to see another team fold

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I can see this happening to a lot more clubs in the near future.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Mark Palios, the owner of Tranmere Rovers was on the BBC this morning.

He was clear. The problems football faces can be traced back to one thing - player wages.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

He was clear. The problems football faces can be traced back to one thing - player wages.

Actually, it's fans expectations.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

And parachute payments are a part of the problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here