Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lamptey- Bayern Munich

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not happening ofc, but when the time comes I think it will be a club like this. One of the fat European dragons (Real, Barca, Bayern, PSG).

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Whether this is fake or real we should think about how lucky we are to have him. Other players have who I suspect will end up at big six or european giants in the next few years (unless we can do a Leicester and get into top 6) include
Lamptey
White
Trossard
Alzate
Bissouma

Enjoy this season folks.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
OK - I am no expert on football finances, but I know that El Pres is... so shoot me down if I am wrong.

My understanding is that every player's contract will have a buyout price in it. That being the case, surely it would take a lot less than £50m? I would assume that there is a £50m buyout on some of our better players, but Lampety rise in value could surely not have been known at the time.

Like I say, I know nothing and may well be wrong - I just can't imagine we could (legally) turn down all offers without at least putting them to the player - if a release price has been triggered.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
File under N for nonsense.
The giveaway for me is that “Brighton want €25m”
I’m pretty sure our actual response would be “not for sale”

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
OK - I am no expert on football finances, but I know that El Pres is... so shoot me down if I am wrong.

My understanding is that every player's contract will have a buyout price in it. That being the case, surely it would take a lot less than £50m? I would assume that there is a £50m buyout on some of our better players, but Lampety rise in value could surely not have been known at the time.

Like I say, I know nothing and may well be wrong - I just can't imagine we could (legally) turn down all offers without at least putting them to the player - if a release price has been triggered.

Never heard of that before. I thought buy out clauses only appeared in the contracts of top, established players. If what you say were true then young players would be being poached all the time and that certainly didn’t happen with Ben White. In fact we refused Leeds a right to buy at the end of the loan. They wouldn’t have needed one if there were a buyout clause.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
There is an amount of money of course there is but 15m sure as hell isn't it. We turned down £30m from Leeds for White because it didn't match our valuation and he hadn't played a PL game at the time. We would we accept less for a guy that is ripping it up at that level with loads of upgrade to come?

If Kyle Walker was worth £50m than our Tariq who is younger although less experienced obviously has to be worth £40m plus with that figure likely to climb...

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004

This is true in Spain, but I don't think it is the case in this country

Although isn't there is some mechanism that a player can effectively 'resign' by paying off the rest of their contract, which might amount to a similar thing

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Never heard of that before. I thought buy out clauses only appeared in the contracts of top, established players. If what you say were true then young players would be being poached all the time and that certainly didn’t happen with Ben White. In fact we refused Leeds a right to buy at the end of the loan. They wouldn’t have needed one if there were a buyout clause.

Thank you - I assumed (given the way they are reported in the press) that it was a requirement.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
There is an amount of money of course there is but 15m sure as hell isn't it. We turned down £30m from Leeds for White because it didn't match our valuation and he hadn't played a PL game at the time. We would we accept less for a guy that is ripping it up at that level with loads of upgrade to come?

If Kyle Walker was worth £50m than our Tariq who is younger although less experienced obviously has to be worth £40m plus with that figure likely to climb...

If Harry Maguire is worth £80m than Tariq is worth £200m.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Whether this is fake or real we should think about how lucky we are to have him. Other players have who I suspect will end up at big six or european giants in the next few years (unless we can do a Leicester and get into top 6) include
Lamptey
White
Trossard
Alzate
Bissouma

Enjoy this season folks.
Someone says this every season, Bloom only sells the unwanted.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Lamptey
White
Trossard
Alzate
Bissouma

Enjoy this season folks.

Agree, although I'd add Maupay to this list too. He's only 23 and has got 3 in 3 this season.

I also want to add that although I genuinely love Hughton and still hold him in very high regard, none of these players would be playing the way they are and garnering this attention if he was still here and not Potter. He's transformed this team.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Where's the 'Deluded Bayern' fans thread? Who do they think they are, Champions of Europe?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Right now on a Bayern Munich chat forum, a bloke is recounting how a mate of his is a Brighton season ticket holder and he says that Lamptey is shit.

SoggyCabbages

Mar 29, 2019
Right now on a Bayern Munich chat forum, a bloke is recounting how a mate of his is a Brighton season ticket holder and he says that Lamptey is shit.

We need to find this Brighton 'fan' and bleach his eyes out, they must not be working properly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here