Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lamptey- Bayern Munich

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Reports on twitter suggesting Bayern Munich have made an approach for Tariq Lamptey. £15 million reported, I’d want treble that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Reports on twitter suggesting Bayern Munich have made an approach for Tariq Lamptey. £15 million reported, I’d want treble that!

It's even worse its €15m with a suggestion from the German press that we would accept €25m.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
As you would expect it’s a proper ballooning story which potentially gives it some credence as does their rebuttal from Norwich for Aarons.

Think Lamptey is close to the finished article and no way would we part for less than €50m when he’s got even more time on his side than White.

What Chelsea did choosing that meat head James over Lamptey I’ve no idea.

Could this be our Premier League Paul Holsgrove/Darren Currie moment?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
£15m

We can add the loon who dreamt this up to the long list of people who have never heard of Brighton & Hove Albion.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Tariq wont be going anywhere this season for any money. Far too important to the team and system. He'll be worth £50m min after a full season if he carries on his form.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Sounds like boll*cks.

They know full well that we're not going to let him go. If they've watched us hang onto Ben White after a £30m offer or whatever it was, then we're not letting Lampty go for anything under £40m. And I doubt Uncle Tony wants to sell.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

He's already worth double that. He will be treble plus with another season or two.

Seriously ridiculous offer. Ben White got turned down at 25, though by far bigger standout player, 3 years younger is worth 15?

:lolol:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
:lolol: 15m? If that was a legitimate offer, Put whoever made that offer in the loony bin. Clowns.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

£51 million sounds more likely than £15 million.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I dont buy that for a second... Given what happened with Ben White they'll know we wouldnt want to part with Tariq for a measly £15m. Try nearer £30million. I also think if one of Europe's top teams came in for him they'd want to see him perform with us for at least a full season, instead of dropping say £30million on a players after just roughly 10 appearances for us.

Next summer however... Let the bidding war commence. Do we know what Chelsea's sell on percentage is?

Its crazy that we currently have a defence of March, Webster, Dunk, White, Lamptey who cost us a combined £23million but if we were to sell now you wouldnt get much change out of £150million.

Jul 27, 2020
Hove
After watching the BBC interviews, it appears Lamptey is well grounded and educated in terms of the footballing process of progression from his experiences at Chelsea.

I'm sure he's well aware if he plays for one or two seasons at the level he's currently at then he'll get his move to a top European team like Bayern. This should only spur him on more to perform well for us.

25 million is an obscene amount. Even if it is the Champions of Europe. Bayern also have Joshua Kimmich and Benjamin Pavard at RB.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here