Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lamptey- Bayern Munich

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Given his seemingly super close ties with his family I wouldn't think he'd be wanting to move too far away from them when he's still finding his feet at the top of the football world.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I wonder how long it will be til clubs of this stature start sniffing around GP
I know it's harsh and I love the way the team plays now but no one is gonna be interested in potter until he actually wins a few games !! Being a gallant loser every week doesn't cut it.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We (supposedly) turned down 25m for White who hadn’t set foot in the PL at the time. Tony isn’t going to even consider accepting it for Lamptey. The lad seems to completely grounded and loving what he’s doing here with Potter - suspect he is equally disinterested in any kind of move at this point.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Imagine how gutting it would be if one of the best young players to ever play for the Albion left before any of us got to watch him play live. Can you imagine the atmosphere at the Amex when he is running riot up the right wing in front of the West Stand.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Imagine how gutting it would be if one of the best young players to ever play for the Albion left before any of us got to watch him play live. Can you imagine the atmosphere at the Amex when he is running riot up the right wing in front of the West Stand.

Indeed, however the whole team seem transformed this season so far, such a great shame not to be at the ground cheering on such a forward attacking team, imagine last week when Solly scored the place would have erupted and arguably that might have galvanised us to hold on and maybe persuaded the ref on a decision or two.

Really a crying shame, we have probably the best team ever assembled and we can't bloody watch them live....

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I know it's harsh and I love the way the team plays now but no one is gonna be interested in potter until he actually wins a few games !! Being a gallant loser every week doesn't cut it.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Neither does being nice. . .and we know all about that.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
He's got five years left on his contract. I can't see too many teams wanting to pay to release him from that

On top of that, surely he'd look at those bigger clubs and think 'will I be able to deliver successfully in this environment?'. For the huge clubs, the balance of player egos and power will be massively different to Brighton. The politics behind the clubs will be totally different to the environment Graham currently operates in.

He may well look at some massive contract offer and decide to go the Mourinho route, and take the money and be pragmatic about the possible failure (for reasons outside his control). But I expect he'd rather stay and build something with us - Tony will be paying him well and I'd imagine would give him a decent increase if there is big interest. Not top level money of course, but more than enough for a man of Graham's character, you'd expect.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Let's hope he hasn't got an extremely greedy agent or a pushy parent - I honestly think he came to us for football reasons rather than chasing the money (though I've no doubt we pay him more in a week than many of us get in a year!) - and as a football career path his best move would be to stay with us for a season or two. Then a big money move (for both him and us) might well be on the cards.
Hope he stays.

It sounds as if his parents are supportive but not pushy and the way he comes across in interviews only strengthens that impression.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Indeed, however the whole team seem transformed this season so far, such a great shame not to be at the ground cheering on such a forward attacking team, imagine last week when Solly scored the place would have erupted and arguably that might have galvanised us to hold on and maybe persuaded the ref on a decision or two.

Really a crying shame, we have probably the best team ever assembled and we can't bloody watch them live....

30% of the home crowd would of missed it

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Just newspapers trying to find interesting things that might find them selling a few copies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here