Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wales FA to ban smoking on sidelines of children's footy.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
I just wonder how they are going to enforce their ban. Will referees have to stop the game to admonish smoking dads (or mums)? Maybe they'll have to have special smoking patrols watching the parents. And what if someone nips off for a crafty fag in their car (sans children, natch)?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I have got 3 sons that have all played kids/youth football, I’ve lost count of how many football matches I’ve watched them play. I can’t say I can remember seeing any parents smoking while watching the matches, maybe I’ve never noticed or it hasn’t bothered me.
Many matches have been played on school grounds though, so smoking is banned on these sites.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Rarely see anyone smoking at kids football and the few that I do seem to be the type that I wouldn’t fancy asking them to stop.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I was a fairly heavy smoker until about 5 years ago. One of the reasons I stopped was that almost nobody I knew smoked anymore, and that continues to be the case.

(I was in Preston St the other night when a couple lit up, and I was so surprised I almost screamed for a policeman. Very smelly, almost as bad as bubblegum vape.)

Nobody smokes at my sons games or training sessions, not in 5 years.
So fair play to the FAW, but I think the ship sailed a while back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here