Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Kayal to UAE?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Shame he's unlikely to stay in England.

From a Celtic site

Former Celtic midfielder Beram Kayal could make history by becoming the first Israeli player to move to the United Arab Emirates.

The 32-year-old spent five years with the Hoops and helped them win four league titles and two Scottish Cups.

He moved to Brighton in 2015, but became a free agent this summer following a loan spell at Charlton Athletic.

And he is now in negotiations with several clubs in the United Arab Emirates to make his own slice of history.

No Israeli player has ever moved to the UAE, but the two countries signed a historic normalisation agreement last month.

That’s opened up trade and will also allow football transfers between the two countries to go through for the first time.

Kayal seems set to move to the Gulf state, while Israel international striker Dia Saba is also in talks to sign for Al Nassr in Dubai.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
He’d be very welcome here. Myself, @%1; and others will certainly invite him to our Albion-watching get togethers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Be a very brave boy indeed to sign up to play in the UAE. Maybe a bit too soon to be taking on that level of personal risk?

i think he's the ideal start point. He's Arab-Israeli and a Muslim.

You'll never heal divides if you don't start making an effort.

Good luck to him if he goes - one of my favourite players in his day. Pretty much kept us up by himself.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
i think he's the ideal start point. He's Arab-Israeli and a Muslim.

You'll never heal divides if you don't start making an effort.

Good luck to him if he goes - one of my favourite players in his day. Pretty much kept us up by himself.

Love the boy to bits. Should still have been here adding genuine bite to the midfield IMHO. Would far rather Stephens was shipped out first. And yes I do know that he's both an Arab-Israeli and a Muslim. But so many fundaheadmentalists out there. What if some random nutter faction - of which there are very many - deems him not worthy and want to score some crappy point to underline their crappy message? Like I say, very brave boy if he goes for it. Not at all sure I'd be prepared to put my family through that particular wringer at this point in time

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Love the boy to bits. Should still have been here adding genuine bite to the midfield IMHO. Would far rather Stephens was shipped out first. And yes I do know that he's both an Arab-Israeli and a Muslim. But so many fundaheadmentalists out there. What if some random nutter faction - of which there are very many - deems him not worthy and want to score some crappy point to underline their crappy message? Like I say, very brave boy if he goes for it. Not at all sure I'd be prepared to put my family through that particular wringer at this point in time

He's played for one of the two most sectarian Scotch teams, split by religion and area and there are plenty of people from his home country who dislike Muslims (and plenty who don't, incidentally). This is a man who's weighed up a few risks in his time.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I would say the UAE are the least likely Middle Eastern country to have headmentalists, and seem to tolerate other religions too.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I would say the UAE are the least likely Middle Eastern country to have headmentalists, and seem to tolerate other religions too.

Quite right, TB. I've lived there for 16 years. Pluralism has been the norm for many years, possibly even before the UAE itself came into being in 1971.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
He’d be very welcome here. Myself, @%1; and others will certainly invite him to our Albion-watching get togethers.

Yes, he's always welcome at the West Beach, Movenpick JBR with us all.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He's played for one of the two most sectarian Scotch teams, split by religion and area and there are plenty of people from his home country who dislike Muslims (and plenty who don't, incidentally). This is a man who's weighed up a few risks in his time.

Strictly lower league historical posturing by the boys up North where there is a wee small part of Glasgow that is forever 1690. Still, even the archetypal idiot-savant that is Gazza served his time up there with his throat unslit. All pissed-up showboating up there. Said it before, keep saying it, it's a brave - and maybe selfish? - boy that takes the UAE Dirham this earlydoors and is willing to subject his family to all the potentially dangerous BS that goes with it

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Yes, he's always welcome at the West Beach, Movenpick JBR with us all.

Yeah... that "@" in my message was meant to link to you mate, not sure what happened there! ???

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Given up on getting a London Premier League club to pick him up, then. A real shame for him, I think he's a fantastic player who was brilliant for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here