Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Bitter celebration

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
. But the Muslim population doubled between the 2001 and 2011 censuses. We await the results of the 2021 one, obviously, but every sign is that this exponential growth has been maintained from a much larger base. .[/ QUOTE]

Whatever the 2021 Censuses reveals it won’t be accurate, many people of colour (quite rightly if they wish) choose the rather not say option when asked the ethnicity question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm clearly either too old or stupid to fully understand this.

I have a group of mates and really enjoy their company, unless they are going "out out" at which point I don't go along as I don't agree with elements of their behaviour but wouldn't want to spoil their fun as it may be me that's being over sensitive or unreasonable, I just remove myself.

Shirley at the point of being presented with a trophy at any sporting event we know what happens next and this is a tradition that's being going on for years, so do we stop that for the sensitivities of one person or does that person temporarily remove themselves or do the cub arrange to us a non alcoholic substitute?

Changing everything to suit one person could easily upset, offend or p1ss off many others? We are going to develop a very vanilla society if we're not careful. Clearly the use of alcohol and the spraying of it is very insensitive but I'd suggest the thinking should've been done much earlier not in the middle of the celebration?

Also the use of the word "gammon" towards someone like me, clearly meant to be derogatory, for my reasonable views, without understanding what I'm really like, from people touting sensitivity, understanding and tolerance seems a little hypocritical.

Hey ho, peace and love Brother!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here