Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Solly March is better without fans - discuss

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Okay, it's a parody play on a thread title, but....

There is a discussion point here.

It has occurred to me that perhaps some players have thrived without crowd pressure on them.

Solly is one. Are there others for ourselves and other teams ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think it’s down to Potter and also himself

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I think he is not the only one. Webster for one seems much improved. Remember Graham Potter saying without crowds he could have played another two years!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
With March and Webster, I think the form is almost wholly to do with the position they are being played in. Webby in a back 3 and Solly in his best position at wing back.

Doubt the absence of fans has any effect at all

gazzHands

May 7, 2016
I think it helps any team passing out from the back. 20,000 gasps every time the ball is passed across our own box surely cant help anyone.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
EjFCJY9XYAAfJ98.jpg

(MInd you, all that dribbling doesn't do Fulham much good....)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Most likely mainly down to confidence. Play against players like Slabhead and Pogba often enough and the penny finally drops that there's really nothing very much special about these people. The EPL players who were/are unplayable in Solly's era pretty much amount to Hazard and De Bruyne and, er, that's about it. IMHO, like

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Sure he's showing his good attributes at the moment and has since confidence but one big error and he'll be back to league 1 standard at best.
Beware the sides of March.

P.S. I don't really believe that, just miss Tizer. If it's an old can pre sugar tax I'll try harder.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Most likely mainly down to confidence. Play against players like Slabhead and Pogba often enough and the penny finally drops that there's really nothing very much special about these people. The EPL players who were/are unplayable in Solly's era pretty much amount to Hazard and De Bruyne and, er, that's about it. IMHO, like

Some times you crack me up :thumbsup:

(not often enough, mind ??? :lolol:)

:bowdown:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

D

Deleted member 2719

It's the Declan Rice 5 dribbles that surprised me. That's a lot of pairs of underwear for him to ruin in only 4 games

It's funny, I was discussing how Albion fans underrate March with a Hammers fan at the start of the season, and he said the same happens with Rice and the West Ham fans.
He admitted that he got bought in by the majority of rice boo-boys initially, but can now see the value of having him in the team.

I have always seen the value in Solly being in the team. But HERD mentality is so infectious and some will always follow the crowd!

That's not me, even if it doesn't make me popular.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I have always seen the value in Solly being in the team. But HERD mentality is so infectious and some will always follow the crowd!

I certainly would have been happy for him to move on in the summer, how wrong I was as it seems Potter has now fully reprogrammed him and he is a front runner for POTS. The consistency we always wanted has been there in abundance, he seems so confident this season.

I can’t think of another player in the starting 11 who’d be as tough to replace as Solly right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here