Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Flintoff documentary

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000n1xx

Pretty moving stuff this- watching a guy struggling massively with mental health but telling himself he’s fine - and he’s been living it for 20 years. What goes on behind the scenes eh. Worth a watch.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I watched the programme. Fair play to Andrew Flintoff for opening up on a hidden taboo.

A lot of it was the power of the media and the damage it did to him mentally. Never would I imagine someone that was so loved by the British public after the 2005 Ashes - voted BBC sports personality of the year, struggle with something that to me is horrible. I hate throwing up and would rather eat bread than burgers and kebabs then yack it all back up again. But I suffered with self harming by slashing my arms when I had shocking depression when I was younger. Maybe Flintoff would be disgusted by that? Far be it from me to cast the first stone. Anyhow, well done to him for opening up on a tough subject that might get others (not just men but women too) to seek help.

From someone that I thought was the David Beckham of cricket to have inner demons shows that no one's life is perfect and it was a very courageous programme of him to make.

Best wishes to Freddie. I think the reaction will be mostly very positive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here