Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Help installing new iOS platform for a I phone 5

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
My father in law ( 95) has asked how to download the covid app which I tried to explain to him how to do , he managed to do this ok but then got a message saying he needed a updated version of his platform for the app to actually work .

I have no idea where to start on this one so anyone got a nice simple easy to follow solution, hes 300 miles away so I cant nip round .

Thanks .

D

Deleted member 2719

Can't afford it now you and Pickles have stopped playing poker , my coffers are dry .:D

Did you read his eyes as they are usually glazed over, it's just like having a mirror.:lol:

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
"World Beating"

Zzzz

Apple and Android phones need certain features for the Bluetooth proximity system to work.

Apple and Android only provide / enable those features in newer phones / versions of their software.

UK Gov tried (and failed) to get a decent app without using the above features (I think this was the 'worldbeating' bit that Boris was banging on about a few months ago).

Having failed to do it ourselves (I guess because we did not know more about the hardware and software than the manufacturers who designed and buit the, - who'd a thought?) we are now using the same worldwide platform as just about everyone else.

I am absolutely no fan of this government, but this seems (to me) to be the harsh reality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here