Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tottenham

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
People moan about PL sides fielding weakened teams but sometimes can understand. I see in between 2 PL games they have to play Chelsea on Tuesday in EFL Cup and Maccabi on Thursday in Europa

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
Put your HOUSE on Chelsea winning, surely the same as last year for us against Villa? Even if.you.bottle it before kick off surely you would be able to cash in for profit as soon as the team is named.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Put your HOUSE on Chelsea winning, surely the same as last year for us against Villa? Even if.you.bottle it before kick off surely you would be able to cash in for profit as soon as the team is named.

The Villa game where Potter threw the tie was a huge money spinner for many of us.

For this one, wait until the teams are disclosed an hour before KO and if as expected, pile in before the odds change.

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
The Villa game where Potter threw the tie was a huge money spinner for many of us.

For this one, wait until the teams are disclosed an hour before KO and if as expected, pile in before the odds change.

Chelsea on the exchanges are 4/6, looks a huge price to me, you are right though, probably best to wait until teams are announced and PILE in.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Chelsea on the exchanges are 4/6, looks a huge price to me, you are right though, probably best to wait until teams are announced and PILE in.

I sometimes adopt a cautious approach with cup games, going for the eg in this case Chelsea to win the tie.

I’ve been stung a couple of times where the reserves for one team managed to hold out for 90 minutes, but then the class of the opponents playing first teamers came through in ET or penalties. Once bitten.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I don’t own all my house mind if I borrow yours on this occasion..I’ve got a shed spare so don’t worry if it doesn’t work out

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
I sometimes adopt a cautious approach with cup games, going for the eg in this case Chelsea to win the tie.

I’ve been stung a couple of times where the reserves for one team managed to hold out for 90 minutes, but then the class of the opponents playing first teamers came through in ET or penalties. Once bitten.

Depends if it's reserves or youth. Have a feeling Moutinho will make a point about fixture congestion and how unfair it is and name an exceptionally weak and youthful team. I know last season in the QFs Villa were a similar price with their reserves against Liverpool's youth team (Liverpool's first team played in the WCC the next day), can't see anything different this time.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Depends if it's reserves or youth. Have a feeling Moutinho will make a point about fixture congestion and how unfair it is and name an exceptionally weak and youthful team. I know last season in the QFs Villa were a similar price with their reserves against Liverpool's youth team (Liverpool's first team played in the WCC the next day), can't see anything different this time.

Doesn’t he play for Wolves :whistle:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The chosen **** will not doubt moan. Me I couldn't give a flying ****. Get over it. All have a squad of players, some better than others (who's at fault for that?). The price to pay for being a well paid individual for kicking a synthetic leather ball around.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Do you ever bet against the Albion, or not on principle?

99.9% of NSC’ers are happily convinced that Potter will play a mix of youth and second teamers in the LC tie. Fair enough.

I think The Hobbit will play a strong Manure team. His life wouldn’t be worth living to get knocked out of a cup just into a new season.

If there’s an obvious mismatch when the teams are announced, to me that’s an opportunity.

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
Do you ever bet against the Albion, or not on principle?

99.9% of NSC’ers are happily convinced that Potter will play a mix of youth and second teamers in the LC tie. Fair enough.

I think The Hobbit will play a strong Manure team. His life wouldn’t be worth living to get knocked out of a cup just into a new season.

If there’s an obvious mismatch when the teams are announced, to me that’s an opportunity.

Never bet on Albion for or against, can't take my heart out of it which makes it bad business trying to make money from betting on the outcome.

We've got real depth so even with a much changed team I think we will be very competitive.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Shortsighted by Spurs if send out weakened team - not many opportunities for silverware available.

Not sure a piece of silverware and a massive 100 grand for winning it is top of their agenda
Pretty sure Europa league pays a lot more !

The prize money in this cup is unbelievably tiny

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Anyone who waits for the teams to be announced will lose the odds

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here