Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Daniel James

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Just press speculation or an outside possibility of a loan deal? Leeds have been making overtures to United but seem to have been turned down. He was left out of Saturday's squad but could feature against us on Wednesday. I guess they are connecting him with Potter after their time together at Swansea and feel this could be a good fit. He is having to compete with Greenwood at present and thats not easy, given his massive potential. Still likely to stay at United but not beyond the bounds of possibility.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Just press speculation or an outside possibility of a loan deal? Leeds have been making overtures to United but seem to have been turned down. He was left out of Saturday's squad but could feature against us on Wednesday. I guess they are connecting him with Potter after their time together at Swansea and feel this could be a good fit. He is having to compete with Greenwood at present and thats not easy, given his massive potential. Still likely to stay at United but not beyond the bounds of possibility.

Wages?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Don't think he'd get in either, but that pace of the bench would be an option we don't have

Do we have to guarantee him a start then ?

Id take him all day long, also can play up front so covers a few positions for me. I think he will stay and tough it out at Utd for another season though before looking elsewhere.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
To stick up for the OP and the others who have found themselves in that position, I suppose for many NSC is an occasional pursuit rather than a lifestyle choice

love this. how anal are some people? nobody has time to trawl through the NSC back catalogue to find a thread thats fit for purpose.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
To stick up for the OP and the others who have found themselves in that position, I suppose for many NSC is an occasional pursuit rather than a lifestyle choice

Thank you.
I don't post every day and didn't see the previous thread. Only trying to pass on what a little birdie told me this morning ( Manchester source ) Checking on press coverage, I noticed the Daily Star were running the story. The rumour is that it could be a loan deal and United favour us over Leeds. Apparently, United are leaving it late to make a decision.
Sorry if this has all been covered already.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Where's he fit in? Currently we seem to be going 3-5-2 not much room in that for a winger...

We're playing more like 3-4-3 at the moment, and if we did sign him, he'd be competing mainly with Trossard (and possibly Izquierdo in due course) for the furthest left role on these three.

Personally I think the relationship with Potter puts us in a good place if we want him and United sanction the move. I understand GP and Dan were having a chat after the game

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He's a terrific player but with Solly March nailing down the LWB slot, Connolly and Trossard both able to player wide left and work the left channel I don't see where James fits in. Even Jahanbaksh seems to have got his act together to be providing an option out wide right or central, and there's Izzy to come back too.

EastWarren

Jan 24, 2015
Brighton
Yes, I fell foul of this the other day - searched for a topic and found none, so started one only to be pulled up for doing so by someone who'd stated the same topic. Not an easy app when dozens of topics are on the go.

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I understand GP and Dan were having a chat after the game

That's what Warren Aspinall said on Radio Sussex after the match. Probably means nothing though given they know him well.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thank you.
I don't post every day and didn't see the previous thread. Only trying to pass on what a little birdie told me this morning ( Manchester source ) Checking on press coverage, I noticed the Daily Star were running the story. The rumour is that it could be a loan deal and United favour us over Leeds. Apparently, United are leaving it late to make a decision.
Sorry if this has all been covered already.

Because the don't see us as a rival, whereas.....

Or because our style of play is better aligned with theirs?

Or because Utd and The Leeds hate each other? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here