Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Guy Ritchie's The Gentleman

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Having watched it at the flicks in January, watched it again on Amazon at the weekend.

IMHO it is Ritchie's best film, better than Lock Stock or Snatch, that's not a slight on those two movies, I just think age and experience has made Ritchie a better director and script writer.

Well worth a watch as is Rockenrolla, a film which is perhaps Ritchie's hidden gem, a strong cast, great story, and a film every bit as good as his better known earlier offerings.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yeh, better than snatch I reckon. Probably not as good as lock stock

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Agree. Found it Sat night by accident, never heard of it before. Thought it was excellent the whole story line and the way it worked out.

Normally I can't stand Hugh Grant. Always plays the fop haired Englishman that Americans think is the average Brit. But in this he was unrecognisable, wasn't until 5 mins in my Mrs said it was HG, didn't realise until then. Best performance by him I've seen by a mile.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I watched without looking at who was in it. My wife said at the end that she thought Hugh Grant was very good. I asked her if she was losing it as Hugh Grant wasn’t even in it! I didn’t recognise him, which is pretty poor seeing as he was a main man.

Great film and for a change the ending of a film didn’t make me go “meh”

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'm not big on fillums but I watched it on Saturday night and enjoyed it hugely.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Agree. Found it Sat night by accident, never heard of it before. Thought it was excellent the whole story line and the way it worked out.

Normally I can't stand Hugh Grant. Always plays the fop haired Englishman that Americans think is the average Brit. But in this he was unrecognisable, wasn't until 5 mins in my Mrs said it was HG, didn't realise until then. Best performance by him I've seen by a mile.

He was excellent as Jeremy Thorpe in "A Very English Scandal".

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Having watched it at the flicks in January, watched it again on Amazon at the weekend.

IMHO it is Ritchie's best film, better than Lock Stock or Snatch

Sorry, but think on this occasion I'll swerve experimental cinema and stick with the classics like Fast & Furious #19 :lol:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I am also not much into films Mrs Blue3 is though and she watched it on Amerzon last night as such I watched bits between reading she thought it was ok for the bits I saw I thought it was ok as a film aimed at a certain age and sexual group and as such it would probably be seen as good

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thought the start was a bit ropey, but really enjoyed it by the end.

Good film.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here