Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is Anyone Linking the New Handball Rule ?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Everyone else except Greame Souness and me seem to hate it.

I think it gives a lot of clarity. Even though Motherwell got 2 handball penalties given against them today because of it . I still quite like the new Rule.

And anything which pisses Jose Mourhino off is good for me

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Loving football and liking the new handball rule are incompatible in my view.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
It's totally nuts, exacerbated by the slo-motion replay world we're living in now with VAR. What exactly was wrong with the old handball rule?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Linking it to QAnon?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Crazy. The game will be to hammer it at defenders from corners and free kicks - better chance of a pen than a goal. Madness.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's totally nuts, exacerbated by the slo-motion replay world we're living in now with VAR. What exactly was wrong with the old handball rule?

no one knows. its seems it open to some interpretation in a few instances. so they changed it to a really strict version with virtually no interpretion but allowed players to game it. now they change it again, introducing some interpretation, and still able to be gamed.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Everyone hates it because, as the post above says, players will be better off smashing it at defenders from corners and free kicks from point blank range as there will be more chance of a penalty being given than forcing the ball in through a crowded penalty box. How anyone can justify the penalty given against Palace yesterday is beyond me (the argument it was Palace is still valid though).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Everyone else except Greame Sounds and me seem to hate it.

I think it gives a lot of clarity. Even though Motherwell got 2 handball penalties given against them today because of it . I still quite like the new Rule.

Have you been drinking, or are you on some kind of wind-up ? Every week we are now seeing results getting warped by the LUNACY they are now applying (via VAR) to this rule. Palace benefited last week, but fell foul to is this week. And as for the Dier one today - its almost indescribable how WRONG that decision was. I mean WTF are we supposed to be watching now ?

If you actually like and enjoy penalties being given for f*ck-all, then fill yer boots. Personally I think its SHITHOUSE.

I knew VAR would utterly f*ck this game up. Said it from the start, and I was far from alone.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We now spend longer talking about VAR and the new looney rules than we ever did before all of this nonsense was introduced.

It’s ruining the game but still we persevere with it and just watch in disbelief week in week out.

Rip out the technology and the stupid rules than were introduced because of it.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
But the idea of the game is trying to score a goal.

Now it seems, if you can't get a shot on the target then go for the next best thing - aim at a defending player and hit the ball hard and fast so he might not have time to react and you might get awarded a penalty every now and again.

The objectives of the game are changing - doesn't matter if you can't hit a barn door (as Newcastle proved) as long as you can get the ball to hit an opponent in the box.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Crazy. The game will be to hammer it at defenders from corners and free kicks - better chance of a pen than a goal. Madness.

I used to play hockey a bit at university.

There was a guy in a team we faced several times who was absolutely notorious for deliberately trying to hit the ball onto the oppositions’ feet. In hockey, that was a foul. So this guy just spent the whole game hitting it at your feet to try win penalty corners.

Football today is starting to remind me vividly of him, even though that was 30 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Everyone else except Greame Souness and me seem to hate it.

Unless you are fishing I fail to see how anyone who watches football can think it's anything other than the product of lunatics who hate the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here