Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Man Utd - Carabao Cup

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We need to get at them right from the gecko.

Our second string is full of quality, most of them are, for all intensive purposes, premier league standard players.

Hope this game doesn't end up being a damp squid.

If things don't go our way, please let's not escape goat any of our players.

Maybe the Lizard can help.......

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Maybe the Lizard can help.......

He certainly gives me piece of mind.

This game will be a good opportunity to deal with conceding after scoring, perhaps we can nip It in the butt. We mustn't be on tender hooks.

Irregardless, we should get at em. The last game just wet my appetite. All that drama is now a mute point. We can chock it up to bad luck. I'm sure we will be unphased.

If United think our second string will just roll over, they have another thing coming.

Football is a doggy dog world. Time to extract revenge. They must not be let off scott free.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

This game will be a good opportunity to deal with conceding after scoring, perhaps we can nip It in the butt. We mustn't be on tender hooks.

Irregardless, we should get at em. The last game just wet my appetite. All that drama is now a mute point. We can chock it up to bad luck. I'm sure we will be unphased.

If United think our second string will just roll over, they have another thing coming.

Football is a doggy dog world. Time to extract revenge. They must not be let off scott free.

Tenterhooks not tender hooks :ffsparr:

Chock it up?

Irregardless, lovely use of an old English word, means exactly the same as.......regardless

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think you should of given them a shooing irregardless.

I particularly liked irregardless. :bowdown:

As Chrissie Waddle said tonight, if we didn't have went four for two yesterday, we could have went four four two in the League cup game. Not that it wouldn't have done us any good.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

His write you no

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Mistaken use of homophones within clichés are one thing - and often legitimately risible. I also enjoy my young son's neologisms such as "another plate of fish" or when he said of his grandmother "she's no spring onion...!" :lolol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here