Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The timing at the end.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I have often pondered this; you would like to think that this doesn't exist, and the chap over the road -an avid Spurs fan -would deny this is the case, as he says they have had some absolute xxxx reffing their games. But I do recall someone in the game last year telling of how when an unfashionable team got promotion to the PL, the ref didn't know them and just kept saying things like "foul from number 4" but called the regulars in the PL by their Christian names, so familiar was he with them. Whilst I don't think that refs enter the field thinking "right, I 'll ensure that the big boys win" you do wonder if subconsciously, bias does enter their decisions, however much they will vociferously deny it.

i am not sure whether the top clubs are just smarter about how they foul (they certainly seem to foul more in the opponents last quarter so 'less serious?) or whether the referee is thinking they e.g. man u are a top club they don't need to foul. Which ever the case we did not get some critical decisions go our way. Personally think its time for the refs performance to be reviewed by an independent body as there is far too much at stake now. Yes some will make mistakes but if they are making mistakes regularly then then time for them to be moved on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have often pondered this; you would like to think that this doesn't exist, and the chap over the road -an avid Spurs fan -would deny this is the case, as he says they have had some absolute xxxx reffing their games. But I do recall someone in the game last year telling of how when an unfashionable team got promotion to the PL, the ref didn't know them and just kept saying things like "foul from number 4" but called the regulars in the PL by their Christian names, so familiar was he with them. Whilst I don't think that refs enter the field thinking "right, I 'll ensure that the big boys win" you do wonder if subconsciously, bias does enter their decisions, however much they will vociferously deny it.

Our old friend M Dean does that and celebrates goals scored.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
There were no stoppages or substitutions after 90 minutes. We scored on 94. 26. Kavanagh restarted the game on 95.45 ( whistle heard at this point). Manchester United took a corner on 96.28. This was 9 seconds after the full-time whistle should have been blown.

Got screen grabs for all this, but NSC failing to upload goal one

The first 15 seconds of the injury time was occupied by the Martial - van de Beek sub so you need to add that to the equation..

Fountainhead

Jan 31, 2011
Herts
Two independent ref assessors at every game, marking decision making , applying the rules consistent with PGMOL guidance etc
Two lowest scoring refs at the end of the season relegated to the Championship with two coming up?
��

Jospeh

Oct 28, 2016
Steve McManaman declared about 28 seconds after the ball went in that 'the goal will stand Brighton fans'. The VAR check complete, so there was no long delay. BT were on replays but it seems safe to assume much of the time wasted between then and kick-off was Man United moping around feeling sorry for themselves, as they'd all gone down in the box like Bayern Munich in the '99 Champions League Final. Not something for which Albion should be penalised.

I was in the ground and the delay was the Brighton players celebrating by the far side corner flag near the north/east side. The ref had to force them back to the centre. The Untied players lined up quickly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here