Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] cold , hard light of day.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
We should have been well ahead at 90 mins. Only ourselves to blame. Get over it.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
So many threads....
I watched the game and thought Brighton were magnificent. Utd were lucky sided by some dodgy reffing decisions.
We are still a club in transition, when I remember some of our tactics in the past we have progressed ten times. We are getting stronger and stronger and play some great stuff. We will be good this season if we can carry on as we are.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
In the cold light of day.....

We played the same fixture 2 months ago and were ripped apart.
We had our best player suspended today and yet we are rueing our misfortune at being robbed of at least a point.

Some progress.

I'm still angry though.
We played a B team in that fixture, and rightfully so with Norwich on the Saturday.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We should have been well ahead at 90 mins. Only ourselves to blame. Get over it.

Indeed.

I suspect NSC will continue to be almost unreadable for the next few days.

One of the more absurd things I have read about yesterday was 'I have now lost all restect for Man United' or somesuch. May have been the opening post of this thread (can't be bothered to check). What next? I smell a possible loss of faith in Boris Johnson, incoming.....

This could be the 24 hours when the NSC record for channeling David Icke, previously set after we lost he playoff semi second leg to Worzel's wankers, is finally beaten. :facepalm:

Edit: just checked the OP - sorry [MENTION=420]sydney[/MENTION], you know I love you really :wink: :thumbsup: :lolol:

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
The most annoying thing for me is Matic not getting a red for punching Connolly in the face off the ball immediately after our first goal.

Other things are debatable, refs often let play go on a bit too long, etc, bit that was clear cut a game changing decision. Why the "analysts" focused on the soft pen appeal instead of this I don't know.

Also it was a clear pen, Maupays arm massively deflects the header and quite possibly stopped it going straight into the goal.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Someone speaking sense! Dear oh dear, the conspiracy theories on here rival ‘who shot JFK’! Accept that we lost to a penalty that was correcty awarded for hand ball.,we played ever so well and if we could finish our chances would have a won the game comfortably. There will always be controversial moments in games and some will go for us and some against. The crying on NSC is embarrassing!
Keep up that level of performance and find a little bit more fire power and we should be fine this season!

Yep, was a cringeworthy rose tinted spectacle post match yesterday. Full of self pity which is never an attractive quality. Fans need to get a winning mentality. Not be satisfied with second using every excuse, and even new ones, in the book. As the old cliche goes, it’s a results business and so far, two home games played. Two home games lost, conceding 6 and scoring 3. Nil points. Room to improve therefore.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We played a B team in that fixture, and rightfully so with Norwich on the Saturday.

Did we though??

Ryan

Montoya
Dunk
Duffy
Burn

Lamptey
Propper
Stephens
Bissouma

Mc Allister
Connolly

Hardly the stiffs is it.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Cold light of day - hitting the post 5 times means on another day we could have won 7 - 2 or at least 4 - 2. It appears we are creating a lot more chances so is that because Man U defence was poor or did we game their defence poor? To me it looks like we are forcing teams far more this season than last.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Cold light of day - hitting the post 5 times means on another day we could have won 7 - 2 or at least 4 - 2. It appears we are creating a lot more chances so is that because Man U defence was poor or did we game their defence poor? To me it looks like we are forcing teams far more this season than last.

In fairness only 3 of the 5 were close to being goals, with Trossard's crossbar and March's shot being the ones that on another day go in off the woodwork.
So a potential 4-3 in my view.

However despite a terrific performance it is yet another game where we under-score against XG and over-concede against XGa.
Still lots to improve on.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Yep, was a cringeworthy rose tinted spectacle post match yesterday. Full of self pity which is never an attractive quality. Fans need to get a winning mentality. Not be satisfied with second using every excuse, and even new ones, in the book. As the old cliche goes, it’s a results business and so far, two home games played. Two home games lost, conceding 6 and scoring 3. Nil points. Room to improve therefore.

that is a very emotionless statement ....totally unwarranted.:rolleyes:

i think we were generally unlucky , Woodwork x5 and shat on by the reffing "team"

it's worse to play and lose like that than just play shit and get pumped.

onwards and upwards

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
that is a very emotionless statement ....totally unwarranted.:rolleyes:

i think we were generally unlucky , Woodwork x5 and shat on by the reffing "team"

it's worse to play and lose like that than just play shit and get pumped.

onwards and upwards

Talking about some of the fans. Not the team. Emotionless statement...:lolol:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
[tweet]1310282353948884992[/tweet]
[tweet]1310282885732204545[/tweet]
[tweet]1310283471105994752[/tweet]
[tweet]1310284425033285632[/tweet]
[tweet]1310286211056111616[/tweet]

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Don't get it:

Kavanagh gave us a penalty that wasn't- overruled on closer look (correct).

Didn't give them one that was (correctly turned on inspection).

VAR called him to check both.

It's easy to run with the herd. But I didn't come away from yesterday blaming the referee. Just an odd ending was frustrating where the right decision was made.

As for added time, we are arguing over seconds and applying confirmation bias. Just my view, perhaps a not so popular one.

Onto the next match.

Last edited:

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Don't get it:

Kavanagh gave us a penalty that wasn't- overruled on closer look (correct).

Didn't give them one that was (correctly turned on inspection).

VAR called him to check both.

It's easy to run with the herd. But I didn't come away from yesterday blaming the referee. Just an odd ending was frustrating where the right decision was made.

As for added time, we are arguing over seconds and applying confirmation bias. Just my view, perhaps a not so popular one.

Onto the next match.

I agree with your penalty points, however the second penalty should never have been able to be conceded as the time run on was ridiculous. That said WTF is a 1.73m Maupay doing defending against a 1.94m Maguire during a corner.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
[tweet]1310282353948884992[/tweet]
[tweet]1310282885732204545[/tweet]
[tweet]1310283471105994752[/tweet]
[tweet]1310284425033285632[/tweet]
[tweet]1310286211056111616[/tweet]

They are spot on here. I am not blaming VAR for this but the interpretation of the rules this season is a nonsense. I am with Micah here I just don't understand the interpretations.

It seems to me that the best way to get a goal this season is to either, flick the ball up at a defender's hand (as Micah said) or step across the defender, slow your run and wait for contact (unless you are Connolly/a small team playing against one of the big 6).

Souness is right that the powers that be are equating entertainment with goals and I am sure we are not far away from being told how exciting this season is because so many goals are scored. To me though these are cheap goals that have little or no value in terms of entertainment. The football product wasn't broken and didn't need fixing. Although I would argue that it is now.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
At the end of the day all we can blame is rank bad game management twice after scoring goals. Wtf is going on when in the last 19 secs Maupay is left to defend Utds biggest goal scoring threat from a corner? Shockingly bad leadership on the pitch. We lost our heads and paid the price.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

To a point, I agree. Although in amongst the self-pity we have a team performing well (really well). We have a team developing from last season and this is what is going to cause improved results, not just a one-off victory over bigger teams but consistent improved results across the board. No self-pity here, I am proud of the team and excited about what is to come.

Improvement is certainly needed and that is exactly what we have seen. Against teams that we are not expected to beat because they are are expensively assembled. Are these games 'free hits' still? If they are then we have shown quality in them. If they are not then that is testament to the improvement already made. The next step is, of course to turn these good performances into points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here