Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] cold , hard light of day.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
general consensus is that Kavanagh is a disgrace as is the hierarchy which put him in control of a match involving a team from the city of his birth , as is his time keeping ........i heard somewhere there may be a complaint made about Kavanaghs general performance , probably one of the most ridiculously biased and inept displays by a PL ref in quite some time 5 or 6 major decisions gone against us , it's just Manchester all over , we were robbed 100%.

:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

i have lost all respect for united.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
general consensus is that Kavanagh is a disgrace as is the hierarchy which put him in control of a match involving a team from the city of his birth , as is his time keeping ........i heard somewhere there may be a complaint made about Kavanaghs general performance , probably one of the most ridiculously biased and inept displays by a PL ref in quite some time 5 or 6 major decisions gone against us , it's just Manchester all over , we were robbed 100%.

I get it, it hurts tons, but it isn't really Utd's fault is it?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Consider this. If we continue to improve and compete as well as we did yesterday when we play City, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and we still have Chelsea and United in the reverse fixture, we are going to have more of what we had yesterday...

The refs tend to favour the big side when it’s contentious and close, so looking forward to some more feelings of injustice and anger filled threads on here as we are robbed by the officials, which we will be if the games are close. At least it means that we are a good side and unlikely to be in a relegation scrap if we continue as we have started.

Not conceding within a couple of minutes of scoring would be good, but both of United’s quick replies had the help of officials. A couple of things overlooked by the ref and VAR for the first quick reply by United and 3 mins added when the game should have finished within a minute of our 94th minute equaliser. I have no doubt that if we hadn’t equalised the ref would have blown up on 95.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We still need a clinical finisher tho. Even Shearer said as much on MOTD. Tho that's not to take away from the overall level of performance, which was amazing

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We still need a clinical finisher tho. Even Shearer said as much on MOTD. Tho that's not to take away from the overall level of performance, which was amazing

We have to play these clowns again next week in the Oke Koki cup, so I'm damn sure there's going to be more drama surrounding them.
At least if we give 100% again :lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Living in Manchester most of my life I have no respect for them to lose, but I share your pain.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
It’s a hard one to swallow. I thought there were some 10/10 performances by our players yesterday. Alzate is simply a stunning footballer, he will go to the very top. His skill and calmness on the ball reminds me Thiago Alcantara, who Liverpool have just signed.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
In the cold light of day.....

We played the same fixture 2 months ago and were ripped apart.
We had our best player suspended today and yet we are rueing our misfortune at being robbed of at least a point.

Some progress.

I'm still angry though.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Living in Manchester most of my life I have no respect for them to lose, but I share your pain.

I was surprised that the op had any in the first place, the crumb of comfort I can take from that back to front Kavanah is if he was born in Manchester it’s unlikely his a United fan [emoji23]

Nb he’ll probably be ref for one of our Citeh games now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I think it's more of an issue with Hooper, at least Kavanagh gave the Penalty, before he was persuaded to overturn it. I'm sure Hooper is not biased against us but it's becoming harder to believe it.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I'm not sure he's biased - he gave the first penalty after all - but he (combined with his VAR buddies) made some poor decisions that certainly cost us...
> From what I saw looking at it again more calmly on MOTD, Maguire was impeding Dunk when the free kick came over - otherwise he would have cleared it - why doesn't VAR pick that up?
> The Connolly Pen should have stayed - he did everything right and Pogba went through the back of him. It was little different to the one he gave earlier.
> The final whistle should have been blown well before the corner was awarded.

That said, a combination of unlucky/poor finishing and a stupid arm in the air also cost us.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

After we played so well this result was a bitter blow and the circumstances leading to the penalty were extremely suspect. I am just relieved that this travesty happened early in the season because such things can play on the mind and affect the next performance/s. If it had been a crucial game later on it could have been season defining.
The players need to get over their disappointment quickly; so far this season they have been excellent.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Cracking performance from us, we lost by a narrow margin at the end of a great game. Slightly controversial in the last few seconds, didn’t go our way. That’s football.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

Definitely not robbed. Had the chances to win the game comfortably. Gotta take our chances otherwise we will struggle no matter how well we play. Hopefully we can bring in one or two strikers which will complement the football we’re playing.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Definitely not robbed. Had the chances to win the game comfortably. Gotta take our chances otherwise we will struggle no matter how well we play. Hopefully we can bring in one or two strikers which will complement the football we’re playing.

Completely this. Some of the self pity and excuses being offered up might be comforting, but belie reality and several well known problems, including the absence of clinical finishers at the club as you allude.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yep, it’s arguable but I don’t think we were robbed. We need to capitalise on our reinvigorated team and make our position strong enough that the odd last minute decision doesn’t matter, whatever way it goes.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Completely this. Some of the self pity and excuses being offered up might be comforting, but belie reality and several well known problems, including the absence of clinical finishers at the club as you allude.

Someone speaking sense! Dear oh dear, the conspiracy theories on here rival ‘who shot JFK’! Accept that we lost to a penalty that was correcty awarded for hand ball.,we played ever so well and if we could finish our chances would have a won the game comfortably. There will always be controversial moments in games and some will go for us and some against. The crying on NSC is embarrassing!
Keep up that level of performance and find a little bit more fire power and we should be fine this season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here