Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time for Davy to pack up his clogs?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't think we are looking to move him on. Of course any offer that met our valuation would be considered, subject to having a replacement ready to bring in.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The Propper in the past season is not a shadow of the player that first came here.

Why that is? manager, tactics, motivation, confidence, other? no idea, but he has gone from being pretty indispensable to not really offering much consistently at all.

Could it be that the players around him are better, so he isn't any less able, just appears to be less critical to the side because others have passed him?

My ten penny worth, I think we're a better squad with him in the mix.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Potter seems to have ability to bring the best out in players - maybe Davy will become a key player under the coaching magician?

Much like Maty I don't think Potterball needs too many more evolutions before Davy is left behind.

But we're still a distance (this season) away from that.
He (they both) still have plenty too offer the current squad.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Don’t get me wrong.

Davy has been one of our best players in the Premier League era. But times are changing. Sadly, I don’t think he is quite top 10 quality due to a lack of goals and mobility. If that is where we want to go, it might be best for Davy to move on as he seems to have dropped down the midfield starting order by at least three places.

We need the money.

If it wasn’t for the fact that Ajax might offer us a good chunk of their Van De Beek loot, I may not be quite so keen on this. Mark my words, we have enough quality in the centre to let him go if it means filling the coffers up for a bid for the likes of Edouard or Sessegnon.

This is what Davy is up against:

Bissouma - Top six EPL quality. We are going to be hit with some very very big bids next Summer. A better Premier League player than Paul Pogba.

Alzate - Wow. Another season, another step up. Only Biss before him on the team-sheet in terms of midfielders. Easily top ten EPL quality.

Lallana - Absolute quality, whilst he lacks mobility, he is one step ahead of the play with his experience and his passing is so slick.

Molumby - A younger and much more mobile version of Stephens. He looks like having a huge future.

Sanders - Kind of like a cross between Alzate & Molumby. He showed against Preston that he may find the Championship too easy, I’d like to see him against Manure on Wednesday. A lovely forward passing midfielder with massive potential.

White - I’d love to see how he’d do at DM for us.

March - Didn’t embarrass himself as defensive midfielder when we beat Leicester 1-4 a few years ago.

The Dutchman has such sublime skill but I just think the time has come.

Where do I even start with this?

Bissouma hasn't played nearly enough games to be even considered as one of the top half dozen midfielders in the Premier League, and better than Paul Pogba he most definately isn't!

As for Lallana, yes he has certainly been a top level palyer in the past, and has won honours and trophies, but he is past his peak now, so only time will tell, as far as what level he is now at.

Solly March most definately is no midfield player, despite this ONE performance that you point out.

As for the others, Alzate, Molumby et al, let's wait and see, none of them have played nearly enough games in Albion shirts for us to give an opinion.

Above all else we are a club striving to just make up the numbers in the Premier League, survival is our one and only goal, for the time being at least.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Answer is No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I HATE these threads that kick off, picking on whoever the OP thinks is the current ‘weakest link’............or scapegoat. Pröpper is currently an integral part of the squad.

Why do some people always need a target to criticise?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Which is exactly what is being proved at the moment, excellent one week, not so good the next. consistency only comes with experience.

I’m not a big fan of Davy, much prefer the new look. Hopefully it’ll stay that way and we can close the door on our crab experiment, what with Stephen’s gone.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I HATE these threads that kick off, picking on whoever the OP thinks is the current ‘weakest link’............or scapegoat. Pröpper is currently an integral part of the squad.

Why do some people always need a target to criticise?

This. Totally unnecessary to do it with a cliched stereotype about “ clogs” because of Propper’s nationality. Insulting and so dull. And this on a weekend when the team has just given such a wonderful performance.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Without Propper (and Gross) we'd never have got through our first season in the PL - probably not the second one either, maybe even the third - but we have moved on. Davy is at best a bench warmer now (and tbf a fairy handy one) but probably best for all to move on (as long as we don't just give him away!)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This. Totally unnecessary to do it with a cliched stereotype about “ clogs” because of Propper’s nationality. Insulting and so dull

What has the world come to when the association between a Dutchman and clogs is seen as an insult? It like being offended by Brits being associated with tea you total fruit loop!

Get over yourself dullard, absurdly sensitive!

PC gone mad.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
What has the world come to when the association between a Dutchman and clogs is seen as an insult? It like being offended by Brits being associated with tea you total fruit loop!

Get over yourself dullard, absurdly sensitive!

PC gone mad.

I gave you a thumbs up because you made me laugh. Respect.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Which is exactly what is being proved at the moment, excellent one week, not so good the next. consistency only comes with experience.

Astonishing.

‘Excellent one week, not so good the next’.

You’ve just described Davy Pröpper’s whole career at Brighton.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
As good as Davy has been on occasion it’s hard to see him getting much game time. Bis, llalana, and Alzate are looking the real deal and I’d much rather Molumby get a go next in line as has the potential to be a huge player and transfer fee for us.

If we get a half decent offer we should really let him go.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
I am well and truly team Davy. He’s been the unchallenged midfield king for 2 years and now we have Biss, Alazate and the Delai Lallana adding some very real competition. If his heart is in it then this can drive him to better performances. We’re going to need him or someone else as good to get through the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here